Pictures you took while you should have been working

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Eversion, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Kaizen1

Kaizen1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2006
    [​IMG]

2. Eversion

Eversion Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 9, 2020
    That's nice, what pen is that? It looks super familiar, and I have a positive notion of it somewhere in my mind, but I just can't put my finger on it.

My Pelikan M200 is an absolute workhorse. My only "good" pen, really. 20200710_110651~2_resize_25.jpg

3. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    Pilot Custom 74 (Fine nib) courtesy of my buddy @Quiet , passed it on to me at a great price. Hands down the best writing pen I have, never a hard start and very smooth for a Fine.

Quiet and Eversion like this.
  4. Eversion

Apr 9, 2020
    Thaaaat's what it is, graaaah, right on the tip of my tongue! A very respectable choice. I considered getting one of those years ago, and am now considering it again lol. A Japanese Fine nib is so different from the German Fine on my Pelikan.

EDIT: Scratch that consideration, I just remembered it's a cartridge converter pen. I write so much that I definitely need the piston filler.

WValtakis likes this.
  5. HOKIE_FAN

HOKIE_FAN

Aug 7, 2010
  6. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    @Quiet will have to chime in with specifics because I'm actually a noob, but the converter in mine is piston style and HUGE:eek:

Eversion likes this.
  7. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Platinum Member

Oct 11, 2013
    I would recommend an Opus 88 or maybe a TWSBI pen, as both have large ink wells. I uh...know a thing or two about fountain pens. Most TWSBI nibs will be aaaahlmost as smooth writing as your Pelikan's nib. :)

I write a lot myself, and my daily writer for the last several months as been a Visconti Homo Sapiens (Bronze Age). A phenomenal pen, and one of the new gold nibs*. I used to write more often with my MB149, but it developed a leak at the piston filler knob and I need to send it in.

Edited to add: I suggested the Opus and TWSBI because they are fairly low cost. I never feel right suggesting some of my favorite pens because they tend to be expensive. LOL

* The old palladium nibs, you had a 70% chance of the one you received being traaaash.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    Eversion likes this.
  8. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Platinum Member

Oct 11, 2013
    The CON70 converter on that particular pen is Pilot's biggest one, and does indeed hold a pretty impressive (for a converter!) amount of ink. There are obviously pens that hold more ink, but the Pilot C74 is a compact pen that writes beautifully, comfortably, and it's light. Lot of boxes that pen checks, honestly.

Eversion and WValtakis like this.
  9. Eversion

Apr 9, 2020
    A Homo Sapiens would be soooo nice (and much respect. @WValtakis FYI it's like the Sebenza of the pen world), but I wouldn't be comfortable leaving that in my office like I leave my work writer. TWSBI's are definitely good, but my Pelikan does everything I want it to, with the caveat that the Fine nib is a little on the broad side for my small writing. But it writes inverted well enough, so that's my work around if I really need precision. I especially like the fact that it has a steel nib that looks and feels like a gold nib (except a little slimmer if you look closely).

WValtakis and Quiet like this.
  10. tinfoil hat timmy

tinfoil hat timmy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2014
    20200710_141813.jpg

11. willard0341

willard0341 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2013
    Fixn to load gas and diesel in Memphis and head south to Vicksburg PhotoPictureResizer_20200710_154752_copy_3024x2268.jpg we doubled up barges to head south (easier to steer, not as easy to stop) helena ark. bridge PhotoPictureResizer_20200711_122722_copy_3024x2268.jpg

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    KELAMA, Mr.sig239, Pomsbz and 9 others like this.
  12. Eversion

Apr 9, 2020
    That is a wonderful piece.
    Welcome to the thread!

willard0341 and WValtakis like this.
  13. Monofletch

Monofletch Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Knives look better at work!!!!

586EEC91-42B9-4D79-98E4-96DDDEB2C400.jpeg

14. WValtakis

May 29, 2004
    Almost done...about an hour left on shift:D

Screenshot_20200710-164624_Gallery~2.jpg

15. rick melear

rick melear

Nov 28, 1998
    As a small business owner, my employee’s hopefully don’t post

16. TheFactor

TheFactor Life is good ! Platinum Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Why ? At least you would know there staying sharp ;)

KELAMA and Eversion like this.
  17. jfk1110

jfk1110 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2013
    That one looks better in my pocket!!!

Eversion and Monofletch like this.
  18. Monofletch

Monofletch Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jan 14, 2010
    I think it would be hard for people to figure out my employer.... :D

Pomsbz, Eversion, JAB and 2 others like this.
  19. tinfoil hat timmy

tinfoil hat timmy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2014
    20200711_073541.jpg
    I should really be working......

20. WValtakis

May 29, 2004