1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.
  2. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Please help, Need Surface Grinder Belt Conversion

Discussion in 'For Sale: Knifemaking Supplies & Tools' started by Bigjohn, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Bigjohn

Bigjohn

Sep 30, 2002
    Anybody know who makes a conversion apparatus for a surface grinder to go 2 X 72 belts?

Please let me know here of call Cell 757-870-4284

Thanks

Bigjohn

Mods : my apologies if this is the wrong place...please adjust. Sorry

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  2. Alan Davis Knives

Alan Davis Knives Knife Maker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 28, 2010
  3. Bigjohn

Bigjohn

Sep 30, 2002
    Thanks but I have a surface grinder that I want to augment with 2X72 " belts.

4. argel55

argel55

Oct 30, 2005
    Go to Grizzly Tools
    You can buy the mast complete from a Grizzly Belt grinder cheaper than that price.

5. Alan Davis Knives

Alan Davis Knives Knife Maker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 28, 2010
    Yes I understand, just figured 1 x 42 might work for you.

$378.00

Belt Grinder Kit for PSG 612 surface grinder; also compatible with other brands. Uses 1 x 42" sanding belts.

In Stock

PN 34107

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  6. Bigjohn

Bigjohn

Sep 30, 2002
    that's what I'm looking for It wont fit the machine I have at the spindle. thanks

7. Bigjohn

Bigjohn

Sep 30, 2002
    I'm probably going to have to make the parts and have them professionally welded for me. I was just trying to get it done for me with out much fuss.

8. Bigjohn

Bigjohn

Sep 30, 2002
    Guys I found a supplier that builds these parts. Ill keep you posted as I come through it.

thanks

Bigjohn

9. Josh Rider

Josh Rider Stuff maker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 2, 2014
    Not sure if you found one or not, but I made one for mine. It was very easy, send me a message if you need any help.

10. Bigjohn

Bigjohn

Sep 30, 2002
    Thanks Josh, I hired a machine shop that is owned by a knife maker . I am waiting for completion and delivery of my order., Which is late. So I wont mention the company until everything comes to me working. I will post the info on here.

Thanks for the help.

Bigjohn

Josh Rider likes this.