1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Post your HI khukuri pix thread?

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by CubeLW, Jul 31, 2014.

1. CubeLW

CubeLW

Jul 16, 2014
    I haven't seen a pix thread dedicated to HI kuks so I thought I'd start one. These works of art deserve to be shown. Here is my Gelbu Special [​IMG]

2. Shavru

Shavru

Feb 20, 2014
    Hmm, pretty sure there are a number of threads here, but they are so awesome another thread can't hurt. Here is my small collection...
    [​IMG]

3. CubeLW

CubeLW

Jul 16, 2014
    Sweeet collection. I know that image will influence my dreams in a couple mins.

4. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    Wow didn't know you got a Trisul Shavru. Your sneaky.......great picture.
    I'll post one tomorrow, my mommy says I have to go night night now. I'm used up.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  5. nepki

nepki

Feb 6, 2012
    I'll play!!

M43 in Malaysia.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. cul4u01

cul4u01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 5, 2012
    Here's my little collection insofar:

[​IMG]

7. xylum

xylum

Dec 11, 2011
    Me too!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Gehazi

Gehazi

Jun 30, 2013
    any excuse ! [​IMG]

9. J W Bensinger

J W Bensinger

Mar 26, 2009
    Very nice patina on that blade.

10. CubeLW

CubeLW

Jul 16, 2014
    Sorry bout that Karda. I searched "Post your HI kukri pix" on google and didnt find anything. Great kuks everyone, and wow that's a huge collection, Gehazi. I even spy a Hasiya(think I spelled it wrong)! Been wanting one of those.

11. cul4u01

Dec 5, 2012
    Gehazi - If anyone has HIKV really bad, you are most definately infected...lol. At least it's a disease that can be placated once in a while with a little sharking here and there.

12. philllll

philllll Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2013
    Too many search terms! You need to practice your Google-Fu!

A couple of special ones
    [​IMG]

13. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    No need for apologies. Pic threads are always welcome!
    Your spelling of hasiya is correct.

14. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    You must have a good eye Cube, I see to recall Gehazi has a hasiya but durned if I can spot it in that pile myself. I suspect it's there I just don't see it. I shall look some more.

15. moparsbob

moparsbob Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2014
    Philllll, what kind of khukuri is the bottom knife with the wide blade in your picture? I haven't seen one like that before.

16. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    Amend that to I found it. On the case with the pistol. You do have a good eye. I'm mostly a gun guy so being that close to the muzzle stuffer (love em) I must have lost my concentration.

And Phillll, that giant pen knife makes me cry. Sooooo cool, not to be confused with Cul the giant fish catcher.

And of course the Foxy, well we've been there too. I still whimper from time to time but I'm ok, really I am.

17. Shavru

Shavru

Feb 20, 2014
    Hehe, and this is why a new Pix thread is occasionally a good idea. Not too often but occasionally it is good to just get to see some of the old favorites again and some new favorites as well, I consider it my shopping wish list LOL.

Love that patina Nepki, it looks great on that M43's styling. Cul you've put together a very nicely balanced collection with some of everything, I am definately taking notes, you have a few I have been patiently looking for. And a chance to see "Gehazi's trove" again is always welcome. Bravo! Gehazi, Love to see where my HIKV is headed should I win the lottery. Then there is Philllll going with the minimalist approach of just a couple of his favorite specials, yes Bawanna, that giant Pen/Foxy combo of his is definately worthy of a couple tears for the fact they don't belong to me :D

So far loving the pictures and looking forward to seeing more folks' khuks.

18. philllll

philllll Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2013
    Bob, I custom ordered that one. It's a huge Pen Knife.

19. cul4u01

Dec 5, 2012
    Shavru - I tried to get a little of everything, for good variety, and different usages.