1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Post your HI khukuri pix thread?

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by CubeLW, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Baby2Huey3

Baby2Huey3

Jul 5, 2014
  2. Gehazi

Gehazi

Jun 30, 2013
    thamar already has quite the following, this guy included

3. speadymeady

speadymeady

Jun 5, 2014
    KVLUK and a CAK
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

YCS
    [​IMG]
    She's well used and now her blade shows it. Almost tempted to part with her and let someone else tale the reigns. Not many YCS users out there.

4. Gehazi

Gehazi

Jun 30, 2013
    you would find many takers I think if you want to sell your YCS

5. cul4u01

cul4u01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 5, 2012
    Here's one of them. Me first, unless Gehazi already beat me to it...:)

6. dmcintyrelee

dmcintyrelee

Jun 9, 2014
    Here's my humble but momentous collection. DOB: 6-2014

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

7. speadymeady

speadymeady

Jun 5, 2014
    Yeah cosmetically it isn't perfect anymore. I almost wanted to force a patina but I would rather it ern its patina. I used this on a week long backpack/hike and didn't immedialty clean her till I had returned. Here's pics as it sits tonight. Also the scabbard is a little loose and is developing a split on the seem which if it gets worse will be a finger guillotine for a khurk rookie. All that being said I don't even know where to price her.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Gehazi

Gehazi

Jun 30, 2013
    well I think thats a carved chandan set, which you cant get even if you want now-- as chandan trade is banned due to near extinction. even with use and patina I would put that YCS at a strong 225. but remember , if you actually want to trade it just contact people privately, dont advertise in HI forums, as that distracts from people buying HI blades-- if you want to sell on blade forums do it in the production fixed blades for sale, but I would put it at a good 225 -250.-- but I may just see chandan everywhere :D yours could also just be nice red satisal-- either way its a good YCS and price will be 200+, but you could sell it easier and faster with a lower price as with anything.

9. Dirtbiker

Dirtbiker

Jul 2, 2010
    Grab some metal polish and you can reverse most of the staining in 10 minutes.

10. Rose&Thorn

Rose&Thorn

Jun 27, 2012
    I concur with both gehazi (About price and way to go about selling)
    And dirtbiker on how to restore.

Show that a little love with polish and she'll be back to normal. The sheath...if you can show pictures of the damage we might be able to offer some advice?

Consider me a (3rd? 4th?) name in the hat of people interested if you ever do pass her along

11. cul4u01

Dec 5, 2012
    I would use a little flitz, and she'll be good to go.

12. pugs75

pugs75 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Ok couple more,
    A piggyback set up my KLVUK and Christmas blade
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My two tone KLVUK from a fine member here,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    I remember the two tone. What a cool and unique knife that is.

14. ndoghouse

ndoghouse Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2010
    That two tone was a very pleasant surprise! Great knife! That was Karma right there with some fine folks:thumbup:

[​IMG]
    OK Pugs here's the brother piggy.

[​IMG]
    And a Kothimoda Christmas Katana for good measure. Crappy photo...i need to schedule a photo session with this beauty.

[​IMG]
    Yuvraj Bowie

[​IMG]
    Yuvraj YCS

15. cul4u01

Dec 5, 2012
    Ndog - that Katana, Bowie, and YCS, is just too BAD, I never get tired of looking at those, you need to do a serious album of them and post it!

16. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    ^^^what he said.

17. Spaceghost

Spaceghost

Jun 28, 2014
    Since we're pullin' out the eye candy :p Here's my Bura engraved UF that should get the HIKV going! These picture dont really do it justice, its almost impossible to get a good photo of it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Gehazi

Gehazi

Jun 30, 2013
    great thread , great knives

19. cul4u01

Dec 5, 2012
    What he said ^^^

20. ndoghouse

ndoghouse Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2010
    OK a few more:

[​IMG]

Giant Chitlangi Bowie brothers

[​IMG]

Pugs. Royalty check is in the mail since one of them is yours now;)

Spaceghost: Wow! speechless!

Cul: Thanks man! I will get more pics asap. Having camera problems lately but will do. That Katana deserves a good setting and some hi-res shots!