1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Postal Packages

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by nikoknife48, Nov 30, 2020.

1. moshow9

moshow9 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 28, 2010
    It's not limited to only USPS. I purchased a custom flashlight from a maker located in Canada. It took almost a month for it to go from Edmonton, Alberta to Vancouver. Finally got an update this morning that there was some movement.

2. RICKSTER

RICKSTER Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Well my horse came in today finally, after touring the country for 17 days it got to the buyer today, Chicago to Nebraska by way of Los Angelos, it could be worse I guess

nikoknife48 likes this.
  3. Jcsixx01

Jcsixx01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Canadian customs are a bear. Especially for knife related stuff.

4. Danke42

Danke42

Feb 10, 2015
    To be clear the CBSA has nothing to do with exports. That's all in the hands of US Customs and Border protection. Or the customs officers of the country where the consignee lives.

Normal travel time from Edmonton to Vancouver hinging on the carrier is 2 days. Unless there is a highway closure in the BC interior like on the Coquihalla or the Number 1. Then the transit time can become ugly. Not many trucks from Edmondton will come to Vancouver via the Crowsnest.

5. nikoknife48

nikoknife48 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2007
    I've had a few more packages trickle in and 7 more to go. So far 2 went MIA(fortunately not high priced items) the rest are showing movement. One of my packages shipped from the west coast (Cali) has been sitting at a PO in Pa since Dec 6th. I called there and gave them the Delivery confirmation # and they said it was an incorrect number so I ask how is it wrong when it has been tracked to your location? The Ebay seller was also tracking it and realized the situation and just mailed me the order again at no charge which I received in a timely manner. I guess they never updated the tracking # on the original one so its probably sitting at the distribution center amongst all the other millions of packages. I'm sure I'll eventually get it and the other one coming from the west coast (WA). I also heard packages are stacked to the ceiling and the trucks are lined up to get loaded at the distribution centers. I'm sure things will start to ease up since the holiday rush is over and there are no major snow storms in the coming week. Considering all the factors that caused this backlog USPS has done a great job handling it.
    Wishing everyone a healthy and prosperous new year!

Monofletch likes this.
  6. Win Heger

Win Heger Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 29, 2000
    I just checked three items mailed on 12/16, all showed movement but still not delivered. They were going from Utah to NJ, VA and PA. Incoming packages to me all show delays or no movement.

7. Monofletch

Monofletch Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 14, 2010
    No, it will get worse.... all those gift cards need to be spent. :D

nikoknife48 likes this.
  8. Monofletch

Jan 14, 2010
    I know here in my district they are sending a team of people to the hub to help clean it out. My package load seemed to be above average for this time of year, but steady. We can even volunteer for Sunday parcel delivery OT!!!

nikoknife48 likes this.
  9. Gastonknife

Gastonknife Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2008
    What? Incurring the expense to send people to backed up locations, Sunday delivery, and volunteering for overtime!
    I thought you all were on a documented purposeful slowdown and no overtime ? LOL. :D. Or at least that is what someone read on the internet. :rolleyes:

Triton likes this.
  10. sf fanatic

sf fanatic Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  11. Monofletch

Jan 14, 2010
    We have had Sunday package delivery in St. Louis for over a year now. It started as Amazon, but its Priority and Amazon now

12. nikoknife48

Mar 10, 2007
  13. sf fanatic

sf fanatic Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 4, 2017
    The day I sent that package I also sent another priority mail package to southern Florida. It arrived on time two days later, go figure.

14. choombak

choombak Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 6, 2009
    I prefer USPS First Class, since it is typically a day or two later than Priority, but cheaper. Also, printing postage at home seems efficient than writing address manually on the package and taking it to the PO. I also tend to avoid selling stuff in the last two weeks of December due to the holiday load!

15. choombak

Jun 6, 2009
    I respectfully disagree -- I almost always ship USPS, as they have the most fair pricing, a fairly evolved technlogical platform for printing labels/postage etc. from the comfort of your home, and a stellar "Daily Digest" facility that scans and sends me the images of day's mail. Oh, and I do like the social interaction at the local PO. :)

(That said, I do understand your frustration at the case being closed w/o any notification or action, and possibly the venting of it here).

16. choombak

Jun 6, 2009
    In my recent experience, First Class works better and cheaper than Priority, if postage/labels are printed at home. Maybe during holiday season, many people ship Priority, overwhelming that channel, while not much of an overload for First Class?

17. elde66

elde66 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2019
    Still waiting on a clip for my Military purchased 12/21. It made it from Doylestown, PA to Philadelphia in one day but has been “vacationing” in Philly ever since. An inquiry brought a response from the Postmaster: “we’re overwhelmed, you can expect your package in Texas the week of January 11th.”

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  18. nikoknife48

Mar 10, 2007
    It’s a miracle! The package I thought was MIA actually showed up and will soon be available for pickup. Don’t give up hope!

19. nikoknife48

Mar 10, 2007
    That doesn’t sound good but be patient it will eventually get to you

20. annr

annr

Nov 15, 2006
    Boston to PA taking nearly 1 mo so far....One never even left local PO for 10 days. Other stuck in NJ warehouse for 2 weeks....when asked, no date available to tell customer of package arrival for certain.