Prayers for my Grandma

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by Charlie Mike, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Charlie Mike

Charlie Mike Sober since 1-7-14 (still a Paranoid Nutjob) Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 1, 2000
    My grandfather died peacefully in his sleep 2 days ago. 91 years old. My grandma has her work cut out. My grandfather was a WW2 vet, serving in thew 20th Armored Division. He earned his CIB in Europe and was slated to invade Japan. He was my biggest influence during my formative years. He taught me how to fix cars, shoot a rifle, use a knife, and fish. He's the man who had the biggest influence in my joining the Army. He lived a very humble life and chose not to have a funeral or get together or anything. IMHO, I feel "we" have lost one of the greatest generation. Godspeed, Charles Albertini.

2. JParanee

JParanee Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 2006
    God Bless Charlie

Take comfort that you had him for the time you did

prayers buddy

3. butchesforge

butchesforge

Nov 16, 2005
    It sounds like he was a great guy who steered you in the right direction-Godspeed Charles------Regards Butch

4. timcsaw

timcsaw Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 25, 2007
    I'm so sorry to hear about your loss Matt. I'll keep you and your grand mother in my prayers. God bless your grand father, one of the greatest generation.

5. JAB

JAB Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 13, 2005
    My deepest condolences as well as thoughts and prayers, Matt.

6. ruisseau de montagne

ruisseau de montagne

Jul 30, 2010
    Sincerest Condolences, CM. Prayers spoken for you and yours.

7. Morrow

Morrow Don't make this weird

Apr 11, 2007
    My condolences for your loss. Your grandfather sounds like was a great man. We don't have enough around like him these days.

8. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    Condolences on your loss. Sounds like he was a great guy. Glad he lived a full life.

9. HSG

HSG

Mar 25, 2010
    Condolences to you and your family on his passing.

10. ronsec

ronsec

Sep 13, 2002
    I'm sorry for your loss. Prayers sent for all concerned.

11. y0ukn0wwh0

y0ukn0wwh0

Mar 16, 2008
    God bless you and yours Charlie.. Find comfort in memories of the time you had with him.
    YKW

12. Brennanscott

Brennanscott

Jul 8, 2010
    Well CM, None of us get out alive, but to go out knowing you are loved and after living such a long and full life in such a peaceful way is a win.

Sorry for your loss. Take care of your Grandma.

13. Charlie Mike

Charlie Mike Sober since 1-7-14 (still a Paranoid Nutjob) Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 1, 2000
    Ain't that the truth!

14. PG5768

PG5768

Apr 28, 2008
    Condolences and prayers sent CM!

15. moshow9

moshow9 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 28, 2010
    I'm sorry to hear of your loss Charlie Mike and offer my condolences. Stay strong for your Grandma and keep her strong, and always hold the memory of your Grandfather with you.

16. gajinoz

gajinoz

Sep 2, 2003
    Condolences from this side of the pond CM and best wishes for your grandmother.

Your grandfather sounds much like mine, he was Lighthorse, served in the Middle East, was a humble guy and had plenty of good advice if you cared to listen.

A great generation indeed, and sadly fading out.

17. orca8589

orca8589

Jan 27, 2007
    Condolences from Concord. Prayers up for you guys.

My grandfather died a year before I was born. He was in Europe, then in the Pacific when the Japanese surrendered. He served in the Army Of Occupation for a while too. I wish I could have known him - you're a blessed man to have known yours as long as you did.

~Chris

18. Bet That Hurt

Bet That Hurt

Jan 30, 2007
    Sorry about your grandfather CM.....and prayers and positive thoughts to you and your family.

19. Bastid

Bastid Goat herding fool and resident vermin breeder. Staff Member Super Mod

Feb 27, 2001
    "you're a blessed man to have known yours as long as you did."

So true. Matt you and yours are in my thoughts. I hope the sorrow is replaced by the above knowledge in due time.

My Grandmother died about 12 years ago at 106. The rest of my grandparents did not make it out of WWII other than her husband who died before I was born.

20. Carolina River Rat

Carolina River Rat

Oct 29, 2008
    Condolences for your loss, CM. It's good that you had as much time with him as you did. The remaining members of the Greatest Generation are among our greatest resources, and are definitely not renewable.