1. Our COVID-19 response can be found here

Pricing for Spyderco folders.

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by TheTourist, Feb 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skyhorse

skyhorse Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2010
    duplicate

2. Insipid Moniker

Insipid Moniker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2011
    Or his good pal actually sold him a Spoderkyo Neative 5.12 with Maxipad steel and grey DRM handles.

Quiet, palonej, JJHollowman and 3 others like this.
  3. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Map is just an inaccurate acronym we use to talk about the subject. The actual terms in the agreement are much more complicated.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    skyhorse likes this.
  4. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014
    That is my understanding.

5. Gravy

Gravy

Dec 16, 2014
    Don't mean to be rude but you really seem to be talking out of your.......

The manix 2 and native 5 are visually similar but are otherwise vastly different knives.

And yea, the $50 maxamet native sounds wrong.

Spyderco's pricing has been out of wack for a while. We can only expect it to get worse if they continue with the yearly price jumps.

Yall remember when the tenacious was $35?

willc likes this.
  6. jp9mm

jp9mm Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 1, 2019
    I've dealt with MAP before, never saw an agreement (MAP Or otherwise) that keeping product for your self,giving to family,giving deals to people (unadvertised) is ground for losing a dealer license and i think its far more likely to get OP's deal rather than a dealer lose their license for giving him that deal. But of course i'm open to seeing how convoluted these 'MAP' agreements are if you have a source :)

7. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    In the past, we have discussed that calling what we often call "map" knife pricing is an over simplification of what is actually happening. I do think that if a dealer regularly sells below the price a manufacturer requires them to sell at they jeoprodize remaining an authorized dealer. Obviously a one time deal is different.

But none of this really matters as the OP is a confirmed longtime BS artist all over the internet. All he wants is attention and we have delivered.

marcinek and 4mer_FMF like this.
  8. James Y

James Y

Feb 18, 1999
    You claim to be a a big fan of Spyderco but didn't know that the Manix 2 is a ball bearing lock and not an automatic...

Jim

9. JJHollowman

JJHollowman Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 16, 2016
    Does this team live in Jersey and you have to discuss stuff by the running washing machine? Do they have cases of knives and electronics in their garage? Asking for a friend in the government.

Mecha likes this.
  10. jlauffer

jlauffer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2016
    No, no...it's all in the back of a blue van. "Hey man, we have this primo audio equipment leftover from a job and need to sell it...."

JJHollowman likes this.
  11. 4mer_FMF

4mer_FMF Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 9, 2016
    I know that guy! I actually bought a set of commercial speakers off of him when I was in high school! (True story btw)

12. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    Easier to close the thread than to hand out a dozen warnings for insults.

Ben Dover likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.