Problem with my Siren, and a request for help.

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by KELORGO, Apr 17, 2020.

1. John_0917

John_0917 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 15, 2014
    From a big dealer I suggest exchanging it; they will return it to the manufacturer as defective and it might eventually make its way to a factory seconds sale.

2. KELORGO

KELORGO Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Hi, gang. Just now was able to get back here to the forum. I put a good sized drop of Hoppe's oil on the rounded back of the blade where it meets the lock bar and it slicked things right up. The knife is not "Spydie flick-able", but I don't open my knives like that anyway. I don't feel any of the binding that had been there. It just feels like a new knife at this point. I'm going to keep it for right now and open it a hundred times or so. If it begins to bind at all I'll send it right to Spyderco. Sal responded to me on another forum and said they'd like to get it back, but I had already oiled the knife by then. As always, he's a stand-up guy and even offered to notify the warranty department for me to cut down on the turn around time. As a few of you have suggested, I'm not going to mess around with it if it starts binding again and I really want to be totally satisfied with this knife since my son in the USAF bought it for me.

4mer_FMF likes this.
  3. sgt1372

sgt1372 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 16, 2018
    Sounds like a VERY important reason to keep it. :cool:

FWIW, the all back Yojimbo that I just received was very "tight" but I didn't hesitate to loosen pivot to make it totally "flickable." It probably only requires a minor adjustment and if you are going to keep it anyway, I suggest you just DIY.