1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Spyderco C230GPPBK Lil Native Black Blade & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Nov 16!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Nov 17 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

Purna Lite weight M-43 for 9/23

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Yangdu, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Yangdu

Yangdu [email protected] Himalayan Imports-Owner Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
    15 inch 24 ounce M-43 by Purna. Satisal wood handle. Leather sheath. $145. *SOLD*

[​IMG]

18 inch 27 ounce M-43 by Purna. Satisal wood handle. Leather sheath. $175. *SOLD*

[​IMG]

Email to [email protected]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
    George Azar likes this.
  2. Hawgsnawt

Hawgsnawt

Aug 16, 2015
    nice pair!...

3. George Azar

George Azar Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2017
    Purna M43’s.....SWEET!!!

4. XelaXela

XelaXela

Feb 22, 2010
    EMS.

"18 inch 27 ounce M-43 by Purna. Satisal wood handle. Leather sheath. $175."

xx

5. XelaXela

XelaXela

Feb 22, 2010
    I just have to see these full size, lite weight, M-43's in person.

xx

George Azar likes this.
  6. George Azar

Apr 18, 2017
    XX, that was a good grab! I hope you get it!
    Let me know your thoughts!

7. jfox95307

jfox95307 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2008
    That was my thought. I'm glad I did.
    This one looks a little different in dimensions. But it's a beauty as well.
    I will post pics of the Kumar lightweight soon. It took an amazing edge and the wood is starting to look really nice with somecsanding and tung oil.
    Is there any way to upload pics directly to the forum?

George Azar likes this.
  8. XelaXela

XelaXela

Feb 22, 2010
    I don't think so. I had to use some other party, and then link.

xx

George Azar likes this.
  9. XelaXela

XelaXela

Feb 22, 2010
    Got the done deal! Thank u!

I have a slight preference for Kumar's 2 pin handle design. But still excited about Purna's (3 pins). It will be my first Purna I believe.

xx

George Azar likes this.
  10. EricTheRedBeard

EricTheRedBeard Basic Member Basic Member

May 17, 2018
    You can't upload pictures to the forum because if people did that it would use up a lot of storage. You can upload the photos to imgbb.com or many sites like it and post the text for the link in your forum post. Pretty easy once you get used to it.

11. George Azar

Apr 18, 2017
    You can upload a photo at the bottom of the page where it says upload a file. Your photo library option should come up. Sometimes I have to edit the photo so it can download

EricTheRedBeard likes this.
  12. davidf99

davidf99 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 27, 2011
    I think you have to be at least a Gold Member to upload pictures directly. I do it all the time. Eventually you'll run out of storage and have to delete something, but it hasn't happened to me yet.

Here's an example, a YCS by Vim kami with engraved blade and carved handle. Unfortunately this particular YCS is not mine. The picture was sent to me by someone who had it for sale, and to my lasting regret I wasn't willing to part with the asking price at that time.

YCS20.5in-Vim47.5oz-Chandan-cr.jpg

13. George Azar

Apr 18, 2017
    Oh wow that is a stunning beauty!! I wonder if all of the engraving was done in Nepal or if the owner had it commissioned?

14. davidf99

davidf99 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 27, 2011
    I think it was done in Nepal, probably by Vim himself. It would cost a fortune to have that kind of work done in the U.S. Also, I have a YCS by Bura that is similarly decorated. Even the karda and chakma are engraved on the Bura piece, which is the favorite in my collection. And here it is:

YCS-17in-Bura30oz-engraved-03.jpg

YCS-17in-Bura30oz-engraved-10.jpg

15. George Azar

Apr 18, 2017
    Wow David that is treasured beauty you’ve got there!! I can see why that’s a favorite!

16. George Azar

Apr 18, 2017
    221075C3-A3E2-4745-93CE-5086DF1AF25E.jpeg My 2 YCS’s and the 3rd one is on its way. It’s the one recently for sale!

Attached Files:

17. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    And a Bura , don't get much cooler than that. I have one of each style sans the engraving of course.
    Very much loved. Who can get enough Bura?

EricTheRedBeard and George Azar like this.
  18. Dobe_1

Dobe_1

Jun 19, 2013
    You will love it. You will appreciate the feel of the balanced weight, as well as the over sized pommel. I have three, and every time I see another HI light weight M-43, I get the feeling that I need another. I also like the looks of the graceful sweep of the spine. By far this is my favorite kukri.

19. tinfoil hat timmy

tinfoil hat timmy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Those engraved blades are amazing!

20. XelaXela

XelaXela

Feb 22, 2010
    RE: "18 inch 27 ounce M-43 by Purna. Satisal wood handle. Leather sheath. $175. "

Just got my Purna today. And it's quite gorgeous, and indeed lite.

Initially, the handling doesn't feel much different from my heavier M-43 (about 30 ounces). will get to compare in a few hours to the larger one. And I'm getting the like the 3 pins very quickly.

Another great buy. Will certainly keep an eye out for one (or two) more M-43's with these specs (full length, 18 inch. lite weight, 27 ounces). And THAT'S IT! For real this time!

Thank u Yangdu and Kamis, and forum members!

xx