1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Purple! Because Ice cream has no bones!

Discussion in 'Redmeadow Knives & T.Knotts Knives' started by T.Knotts, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Mack

Mack Sailin' a reach, before a followin' sea... Platinum Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Another incredible one.
    By the way, in case you don't hear it, I thank you everytime I use my boards.

Rupestris, jlauffer and Dopic1 like this.
  2. gunspease

gunspease Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 9, 2002
    We normally stay home on the holiday weekends but the wife wanted to go so we went with my daughter (back row left) and the grandkids (all the others) to Newport. We had a great time and the weather was perfect.

CCF8C287-FA9D-46B2-8D48-08ABB4CC618F.jpeg
    This is their bay watch run.
    219F7F3C-FC50-4CCF-9A47-AD98C9C1E6C3.jpeg
    The little ones not as brave
    F2856B13-8E10-410D-9488-464FE618BED0.jpeg
    We go to the aquarium every time we are in town.
    583ABEFB-A79C-44C7-BCC3-3933EC27C4F7.jpeg
    I hope everyone had a great weekend with your family and friends.

Rupestris likes this.
  3. Mack

Aug 19, 2007
    It's good to see people enjoying my neighborhood. If I go into Newport today I'll be watching for you.
    I'll probably hit the golf course this morning though...

4. Mack

Aug 19, 2007
    Talk to me about the blue steel. I remember looking it up a while back but haven't talked to anyone that's actually used it.

5. Dopic1

Dopic1 Titanic Boat Insurance Platinum Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Aldo at NJ steel baron had it a few years back. Tough as hell to work but if you get it right it's razor shaving sharp in other words it will cut.

Mack and mitch4ging like this.
  6. gunspease

gunspease Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 9, 2002
    We spend most of are time at the south beach RV park and nye beach. We try to spend every other weekend there after schools start. My in-laws lived in Newport from 81 until mom got sick in 97.

Mack likes this.
  7. Mack

Aug 19, 2007
    I drive from Waldport through Newport to Toledo four days a week. I generally don't venture too far from home on my days off. Up to the golf course or 100 ft to the river to fish are usually it.

8. Rupestris

Rupestris Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2006
    Did you give up the mule gig and go back to a steady route?

If so, and you're happy, good for you. :cool::thumbsup:

Mack likes this.
  9. Mack

Aug 19, 2007
    Nope. Still just moving trailers around a paper mill. The mill is in Toledo Oregon and I live in Waldport. I have a 28 mile commute. I am forced to drive past some of the most beautiful coastal property on earth 4 days a week.
    I also pass Rogue Brewery every time. Their beers are really good and it's hard to drive past without stopping.

10. Mack

Aug 19, 2007
    Thank you, Scott. Once again, you and your amazing hard wood have put a huge smile on my face.
    [​IMG]

Rupestris and Dopic1 like this.
  11. Dopic1

Apr 1, 2013
    You're welcome Mack, glad she arrived safe and sound. :)

Rupestris likes this.
  12. lessismore

lessismore Enjoy Every Sandwich Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    What is this badassery!

Mack likes this.
  13. lessismore

lessismore Enjoy Every Sandwich Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    I've been looking at an etcher and a stencil maker. Is that etched?

14. Dopic1

Apr 1, 2013
    Some scraps i had laying around the shop. Here's another one.
    [​IMG]

15. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    Oh snap, I didn't see the forest through the trees, I was lookin at the knife!

16. Dopic1

Apr 1, 2013
    Yes please tell us about the knife Mack.

17. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    Oooh, that is a really cool pattern. I was using some of your bocote today (from the Original Gangsta block you sent years ago) and was thinking about these.

18. Dopic1

Apr 1, 2013
    Thanks, had some scrap left over was going to make one of these but a nice pattern came out so I left it as is. Mike try this on the next one.
    [​IMG]

Mack, Rupestris, gunspease and 2 others like this.
  19. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    That's gonna be awesome. That would make Mondrian dizzy!
    [​IMG]

Rupestris and Dopic1 like this.
  20. Mack

Aug 19, 2007
    The knife is one of Julio Diez' Toros.
    It's a freaking lazer made from EAB-L.
    It kicked my high end chef knives out of my knife block and that is sayin' somethin'.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019