1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Kizer C01C Sheepdog Ki4488A & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Dec 14 !

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Dec 15 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Putting out a YCS feeler....

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Daniel Koster, Jul 22, 2004.

1. Nasty

Nasty Chief Cook & Bottle Wash

Nov 11, 2003
    Dan - Pay in advance at the HI sales site?

2. manghu67

manghu67 American Kami Custom Blades / Knifemaker

Oct 24, 2000
    :eek:

YCS with purpleheart?! IM ALL OVER THIS!!!!

sign me up!!!

what would be REALLY cool is if in addition to the chakma, karda, and icepick, we could get the chisel, buttonhook, and tweezers that come with the Hanuman with these!!!

what do you guys think?

3. Daniel Koster

Daniel Koster www.kosterknives.com Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 18, 2001
    Sorry, manghu67....can't get in over our heads with this one. Already pulling some major strings....cashing in on favors.....wearing out my welcome.....you name it. :(

But I'll gladly sign you up for the fancy wood YCS.

No prepayment just yet, Nasty.

4. manghu67

Oct 24, 2000
    oh, all right... i suppose... :D

i seem to recall some saying about not looking a gift horse in the mouth? sign me up!

i find the synchronicity of this whole affair strange, though... i just came back on here last week after about a two or three year abscence, ordered my first two HI khuks, and discovered that my most wanted (the YCS) was no longer available... now this special deal crops up... it must be FATE!!!

5. Wesley Hoenshel

Wesley Hoenshel

Sep 5, 2003
    I wasn't going to buy another khuk for a while but ...... I'm sold. Sign me up for one, preferably exotic wood. Wes Hoenshell

6. Daniel Koster

Oct 18, 2001
    Or is it Fortune?

:D

:p :p

7. manghu67

Oct 24, 2000
    six of one and a half dozen of the other! :D

this

is

AWESOME!

8. johntrout

johntrout

May 21, 2004
    Hey Dan I asked this before but I think you missed it

We should ask them for only Kami symbols - no initials
    and maybe something to identify this run

:cool:

9. manghu67

Oct 24, 2000
    and no cho-creep! :D

10. ecll

ecll

Dec 4, 2003
    Ok. I can't take it any more. Please sign me up for one.

11. Svashtar

Svashtar Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2003
    Dan:

Price sounds great. Very fair considering. But how are we gonna allocate the woods? Just first come first served? However, if a bunch of folks prepay...?
    Maybe some type of drawing?

Another question: why not just exotic woods and standard wood as in the originals as opposed to horn? Is it because horn has never been done?

Anyway, I know you and Uncle Bill will work out a way to make it happen fairly.

Thanks for driving this, and thanks to Uncle Bill for agreeing to do it!

Regards,

Norm

12. johntrout

johntrout

May 21, 2004
    I don't think anyone even expressed an interest in horn, maybe they can all be exotic wood....

or do you mean allocating different wood types...?

13. Ferrous Wheel

Ferrous Wheel

May 16, 2002
    or fortunate fate?

Fateful fortune?

:D:D:D

Keith

14. mPisi

mPisi

Oct 12, 2001
    Horn has been done on YCS before, I wouldn't mind one if I can't get some special wood. It looks really sharp, as do all the horn-handled khuks with white metal or steel fittings. I'm almost going to swing for two, and make the second one horn unless I can get two fancy woods...

Dan, please try to make sure anything with horn comes with white or steel fittings, and preferably everything with white metal!! Make mine steel!

$225 is a great deal and thanks to Dan and Uncle for getting the ball rolling and putting up with all our crap :D

Scot, working double shifts (day and night) at the forum due to excitement

P.S. don't forget to suggest making some villager-YCS... LOL

15. Snake Bitten

Snake Bitten

Jul 11, 2004
    Very interested! What is the ETA on special order YCS khuks? :D

16. Daniel Koster

Oct 18, 2001
    There has only been one request for horn, and no-one has voiced preference other than chiruwa, so.....

To simplify things, we're going to make them all exotic wood and chiruwa. If that's not what you had in mind....speak up quick...!!!

17. Daniel Koster

Oct 18, 2001
  18. johntrout

johntrout

May 21, 2004
    good I HAVE to have chiruwa :)