Question for Warren or Pen

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by hollowdweller, Apr 5, 2004.

1. hollowdweller

hollowdweller

Sep 22, 2003
    I was thinking about gluing a strip of Mousepad on a free side of my "Warren" Strop. However I was wondering if the contact cement would eat the rubber foam of the mousepad up?

2. Ferrous Wheel

Ferrous Wheel

May 16, 2002
    I used a rubber cement like compond that was there to attach a peice of foam to the other side of my strop, so I could mount sandpaper to the foam. Works like a charm! I used it to touch up the AL MAR sere I got in trade from RR with it after he used the Edge-pro on it.

RR, glad you like it. Good trade, all round! I'm still looking for the makers business card.

Thanks again, WarrenR!

Keith

3. WarrenR

WarrenR

Dec 27, 2003
    Hehe...I like it...'Warren Strop'

yes, Keith's right...no problem gluing mousepad material Hollow.
    Keep in mind when you use it that you don't want to apply too much pressure, just enough to conform to the convex edge.
    In my 1st iterations I used the mousepad material and while applying moderate pressure, & rounded a couple edges.
    One of the reasons I used the thin foam is it was more forgiving, however the neoprene should work just fine.

Ferrous, glad you like it...good to see the many hours of T&E paying off. :D
    Hollow, keep us posted on your results.
    take care
    Warren

4. Nasty

Nasty Chief Cook & Bottle Wash

Nov 11, 2003
    I can see it now...a year from now, we'll be telling noobs to go search for "Warren Strop"

And every time we do, Warren will log in just to say :D

;)

5. Ferrous Wheel

Ferrous Wheel

May 16, 2002
    oooh, that's a good one. At a high school I went to, we would tell the Froshs that they could buy these "Elevator Passes" at the beginning of the year @ the Principal's office--there was NO ELEVATOR in the school! You shoulda seen them lining up for them @ the office! We'd stand outside the glass windows to the secretary's office and laugh. She hated us (not really, we were goofs, but good guys).

Keith

6. WarrenR

WarrenR

Dec 27, 2003
    Speaking of the 'Warren Strops', has anyone been using 'em?
    Interested in the results... ;)
    -WarrenR

7. Yvsa

Yvsa

May 18, 1999
    So what kind of compound are y'all using on the Warren Strops?
    It's amazing at the results you can get from two and I imagine three strops. I have tripoli on one, jeweler's rouge on the other and have been swearing for quite some time that I'm gonna make one for chromium oxide. The tripoli cleans the burr off in nothing flat where it takes a while with the jeweler's rouge!!!!:eek: :D
    I have enough leather to make myself a belt for the Grizz and like everything else it has just been put off for what seems an eternity as well.:rolleyes:
    I don't recall the sfm the Grizz runs but I'm betting with a leather belt loaded with C/O that it would polish it really damned quick!!!!
    No doubt would be able to shave the hair off a gnat's ass.:D ;)

8. WarrenR

WarrenR

Dec 27, 2003
    Yvsa,
    YGM... :D
    -Warren

9. Semper Fi

Semper Fi

Feb 23, 2002
    Yep, I've been using my Warren quite a bit. Works like a charm. Gotta get some of that liquid CO ya had though.

Thanks, Warren. :)

10. Ferrous Wheel

Ferrous Wheel

May 16, 2002
    but a spit-shine on an edge in a jiffy!

Keith