1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

Attention Ram Kumar Report

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Bawanna, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    This just in from Nepal via Yangdu in Reno.

Shop manager reports Ram Kumar Kami punctured his palm while drilling and making a handle a week or or so ago.
    He had to be treated and received several stitches. No word on if he cried or not but I know I would have cried immensely if I punctured the palm of my hand or any other bodily region for that matter.

That being said, Yangdu advises she will be offering Ram Kumar knife/s specially with proceeds going to his medical fund.

Not to worry, she reports he is mending and will get better, just not doing too well for the time being.

Stay tuned and watch for it, I know I will be.

George Azar likes this.
  2. George Azar

George Azar Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2017
    :(:(:(:(:(

3. cul4u01

cul4u01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 5, 2012
    Smoke up for a quick and full recovery!

4. George Azar

George Azar Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2017
    Praying for Ram Kumar

5. Yangdu

Yangdu [email protected] Himalayan Imports-Owner Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
    Good Afternoon to all!
    Today I am offering this four Knives all made by Ram Kumar to help his medical bills.
    Great price and cause

16 inch 23 ounce WWII with horn handle. $138 *SOLD*
    15 inch Ang Khola with a satisal wood handle. $138 *SOLD*
    14.5 inch Tin Chirra with a satisal wood handle. $125
    15 inch Char Chirra with a sisau wood handle. $128. *SOLD*

[​IMG]

Email to [email protected] to order

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  6. Yangdu

Yangdu [email protected] Himalayan Imports-Owner Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
    Thank you, Bawanna for the help

7. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    It pleases me and I feel deeply honored that I'm allowed to help a tiny bit now and then.
    Thank YOU for letting me.

8. sog nut

sog nut

Aug 26, 2010
    Praying for a fast and complete recovery! Message sent for the ww2.

9. Steely_Gunz

Steely_Gunz Got the Khukuri fevah Moderator

May 9, 2002
    I'm tapped out to buy new knives, but I'll drop something in the mail to go toward what the kamis need.

10. tjarlz

tjarlz

Nov 24, 2006
    Smoke for Kumar. message sent for Char Chirra

11. Greg Mukai

Greg Mukai

Sep 19, 2011
    EMS from me 14.5 inch Tin Chirra with a satisal wood handle. $125 Have been on the wall, but must jump in. Please guys, let me know how to pay. Thanks, Gregt

12. davidf99

davidf99 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Assuming that nobody beat you to it, Yangdu will reply to your email with the shipping charge and you can arrange with her how to pay. I always use Paypal, so I don't know what the other options are.

The prices on items that Yangdu lists on this forum do not include shipping because forumites live all over the world; also, sometimes people order more than one blade that can be packed in one box, etc. I hope your email included your shipping address. If not, send Yangdu another email that does.

13. Steve Tall

Steve Tall

Aug 28, 2010
    About ordering and the options for paying:

You must be the first to Email Yangdu at [email protected] with your complete information, Including your Name, Forum name, Address, Item Wanted and Method of Payment.
    Yangdu will then confirm availability and shipping price, Then you can send payment.

All pricing is in USD (United States Dollars). All payments, domestic or international should be in USD.

We only accept Paypal and Visa or Mastercard. We also accept check or money order, but these must clear the bank before shipment is made.

The Forum software has been notorious for losing Emails, so to expedite matters, please use your personal Email client and account when ordering.

from https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/ordering-shipping-information.735020/

14. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    Yangdu might also be away from the computer, I know she has been helping her sister who is having some back pain and medical issues. I didn't receive any email from her today or yesterday so please be patient. Send another email, if she doesn't respond in a day or two I'll send one to make sure your's is getting through. For some reason some emails just have a hard time getting through depending on the service.

15. Greg Mukai

Greg Mukai

Sep 19, 2011
    Thank you for the help. Greg

16. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    Greg, I did get an email from Yangdu today. She was out of town over the weekend.
    I sent an email about your desire, I'll send another to make sure she gets it.
    I thought I PM'd you before but apparently not.

17. Greg Mukai

Greg Mukai

Sep 19, 2011
    Thank you!

18. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    Greg. Yangdu did not receive your email. Some times people just don't get through for some reason. I thought that was getting better.
    BUT, she still has the Tin Chirra for you. She said to include 20 dollars for shipping so 145 total.
    Easiest is to PayPal using her email address [email protected].
    Pretty sure of that anyhow, I'll double check that right now and be back.

Be sure to provide your information and shipping address. She ships fast.

Yup, that is the correct Paypal address.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  19. Greg Mukai

Greg Mukai

Sep 19, 2011
    Bawanna: Thanks for the help. Payment sent via PayPal.

20. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    Glad it worked out. Frustrating not having PM or Email access.

Happy ending.