Random picture thread - on the lighter side of things.

Discussion in 'Hanson Knives' started by Scott Hanson, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Redmeadow Knives

Redmeadow Knives John Conner Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    Ours will get really dark in the summer, it's great when the yolks stand up in the pan too.

Scott Hanson likes this.
  2. Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 6, 2014
    John, have you ever cracked an egg in the frying pan and find a pair of eyes looking up at you.lol

3. jlauffer

jlauffer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2016
    Couple years ago the wife decided she wanted some pictures of pigs and chickens in the kitchen. Her niece has a pig and some chickens, so she went there and they took a bunch of pics, and she framed a few. No idea how they got them to cooperate for this one:

IMG_1580x.jpg

4. Redmeadow Knives

Redmeadow Knives John Conner Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    We used to get double yolks a lot but I have'nt see one in a while.

5. Scott Hanson

Sep 6, 2014
    That must be a pot belly pig or an awful big chicken

6. Scott Hanson

Sep 6, 2014
    Do they lay white eggs or brown eggs? Seems brown eggs seem to have more double yolks.

7. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    Mostly brown but we have a couple that lay white. The little wind/fart eggs are the ones that crack me up.

Scott Hanson likes this.
  8. Scott Hanson

Sep 6, 2014
    Never seen a wind/fart egg, but IIRC my Aunt on there farm used to have some fake glass eggs she would put in the nests to help the hens lay. I guess.

9. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    Wind eggs are usually a hen's first eggs but they're about the size of your thumb, I'll get a picture the next time we get one.

I've heard of people using Easter eggs too, maybe it helps them remember where to lay? When we had a bunch of Guinea hens they used to lay their eggs in the craziest places.

Mack likes this.
  10. Scott Hanson

Sep 6, 2014
    I took my son fishing tonight and a family of swans came walking by jumped into the water and swam off, I thought it was pretty cool.

Crazy Canuck and Mack like this.
  11. Mack

Mack Expert Ultracrepidarian Platinum Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Karen and I were picking up batteries at the CSX yard in Savanna Illinois one day. It was absolutely silent when suddenly two swans flew up behind us. They made no sound until they started honking right next to us. We both jumped. Sneaky little buggers.

Scott Hanson likes this.
  12. Scott Hanson

Sep 6, 2014
    This was in my back yard the other day.

Crazy Canuck, jlauffer and Mack like this.
  13. Scott Hanson

Sep 6, 2014
    A few more pics of it.
    E1ABAA82-B76A-4289-A30B-8A3D1C4278F0_1_201_a.jpeg 87F339A0-2E3E-4247-A451-3BA3E4A0E928_1_201_a.jpeg EDFF3E67-32CA-4578-B8DC-215352415427_1_201_a.jpeg

Mack, jlauffer and RayseM like this.
  14. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Good chain link fencing is hard to come by :rolleyes: :D

Scott Hanson likes this.
  15. Scott Hanson

Sep 6, 2014
    My dad, my two brothers and my self put that chain link fence up when we were kids, because my dad put in an in-ground swimming pool. The law was, and I think still is, you have to have a least a four foot fence surrounding an in ground swimming pool for safety. Well, us kids are all grown and the pool is long gone and after my dad passed away I ended up buying the house out of the estate, and turning my previous home into a rental property. I didn't like the chain link fence either, and asked my dad why he chose chain link over more of a privacy style fence, he said it was least obstructive to the view. Well, he's right about that, but in this world today I probably would go with a six foot stockade fence.lol

Mack likes this.
  16. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Well a stockade fence would take care of your deer infestation Scott :)

17. tinfoil hat timmy

tinfoil hat timmy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
    jlauffer likes this.
  18. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    maine coon or norwegian forest cat would be interesting.

19. Scott Hanson

Sep 6, 2014
    Great day on the water today with my son and a good friend fishing we got put three man limit coho salmon and one nice rainbow. Clear sunny skies, calm waves we had a lot of fun today. I'll be eating salmon for weeks.lol
    IMG_2753.jpeg IMG_2751.jpeg IMG_2755.jpeg

Pàdruig, 1066vik and jlauffer like this.
  20. Mack

Mack Expert Ultracrepidarian Platinum Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Nice, great looking fish. I bet your son had a blast and will remember this for a lifetime.
    I haven't been fishing in quite some time. I really need to. Hmmm, a nice, thin, long, upswept AEB-L blade with Lignum Vitae scales would really come in handy for filleting them...

Scott Hanson likes this.