Rare operator's Cherokee Rose

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Yangdu, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Yangdu

Yangdu [email protected] Himalayan Imports-Owner Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
    Howard donated this one to help Kamis and their family during this most difficult time
    Thank you, Howard and Bawanna
    18 inch 21 ounce Cherokee Rose without the Kami mark. Dark satisal wood handle. Beautiful checkering work by Bawanna. Leather sheath. This Knife isn't just impressive, it is a beautiful work of art! Rare one for your collection at $295. *SOLD*

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Email to [email protected] to order
    First come first served

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    scdub and George Azar like this.
  2. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    That was one sweet Cherokee Rose, it was very difficult to send that one back. Without doubt the nicest one I've ever held. The size and weight were just perfect to me.

3. EricTheRedBeard

EricTheRedBeard Basic Member Basic Member

May 17, 2018
    That blade looks like liquid steel. Nice checker work Bawanna! This one will make someone very happy.

4. davidf99

davidf99 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 27, 2011
    The checkering is beautiful, but what really makes this Cherokee Rose rare is that it doesn't have the large, S-shaped guard that is typical of the model.

I like the guard, but I also like the sleek shape that this blade has without the guard. It's a fine variation on the model.

5. Steely_Gunz

Steely_Gunz Got the Khukuri fevah Moderator

May 9, 2002
    I love it. Yvsa is probably cussing up a storm from somewhere in the universe, though;) He fiddled and fiddled with the Rose design to get it just so:D I have to admit, I really dig its more subdued look. Gorgeous work by Mr B and mighty kind of Howard to part with it. Good job:)

EricTheRedBeard likes this.
  6. Same Old Shane

Same Old Shane

Sep 9, 2016
    Yvsa would have loved it.

Amen. Rest well old friend.

7. pugs75

pugs75 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Do we know if this found a home yet??

8. ndoghouse

ndoghouse Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Ayeee!! Me got some inside info on some gold passing through ye triangle next moon! Some perfect steel right there to take out some pirate ships!! Arrrrrr!!!

9. pugs75

pugs75 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Anyone get it yet.

10. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    Unless it was sharked it looks like it's still homeless. I knew I should have never sent that

11. NYCDanMan

NYCDanMan

Sep 18, 2011
    This looks like it SINGS in the hand

12. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    It does, it truly does. I didn't note the guard being missing but it handled marvelous.