1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

RBK: The One Hit Wonder!

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by granitestateofmind, Mar 18, 2016.

1. granitestateofmind

granitestateofmind Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 20, 2013
    I had a tree crack this winter that was hanging over our fence and threatening to fall onto the pool cover - so I decided to put the BK21 to the test and take care of it. I'm still getting the hang of this beast, but when I get it right, it will go through 1.5" green sassafrass in one hit. It's a "One Hit Wonder" in my book. I had to be careful chopping above shoulder height not to have it go through a limb and boomerang into one of my OWN limbs....

The tree I'm referring to:

[​IMG]

Actually two hits, but still damned impressive:

[​IMG]

For reference. The next couple of photos will hopefully demonstrate the awesome impact of the RBK.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the results. Nearly through; blade penetration is about 1½". Probably be even more impressive if I had better technique.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The brush pile when I was done with the destruction.

[​IMG]

A knife I plan to get to know better. Please feel free to post up your in use RBK pics; users only, please. This is a blade that absolutely begs to be used hard. I have a second one on the way - if I weren't so very right handed I'd be dual wielding them.....and I still might.

2. KingMC

KingMC The Pun-isher Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Lovely brush pile, the remnants of a day's work piled high. Nothing better than to be taking a picture of a Becker next to a mound of tree matter that it dispatched. :)

3. grogimus

grogimus KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 27, 2012
    Nice! I've got one shipping next week. Are those VZ grips? I think I'm gonna go micarta but not certain yet.

4. Bladite

Bladite ǝɹnsıǝן ɟo uɐɯǝןʇuǝb Moderator

Feb 28, 2003
    some people already cut their dominant hands off, so duel wilding is no issue

5. grogimus

grogimus KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 27, 2012
    He could always cut his left hand off and just mount the 2nd 21 there. Might take a custom handle though and it'd be hard to ship him off :D. Beats a pirate hook any day though!

6. SALTY

SALTY Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2000
    That knife is a loppin' choppin' beast for sure.

7. JTmisterknifeguy

JTmisterknifeguy

May 22, 2013
    Love my RBK, I haven't had a ton of opportunities to use it, but the light chopping and batoning I've done, puts it far above all of my straight blades, narrowly edging out my Ontario sp53 (which doesn't hold a candle to the RBK in fine carving/bushcrafty stuff).

8. granitestateofmind

Apr 20, 2013
    They are the VZ grips. Fine to use with gloves, but I've a feeling they'd tear up bare hands with this knife.
    Hell, yeah. If only it weren't green - then I'd also have the pleasure of a fire as well.
    Explain to me please how one cuts off one's dominant hand? Twit of the Year, maybe?

If I did have need of a prosthetic hand I'd want some sort of chuck/adapter so that I could interchange multiple Beckers - and also for ease of sharpening.

9. NJBillK

NJBillK Custom Leather and Fixed Blade modifications.

Mar 27, 2014
    By swinging a 21 with their off-hand. Poor form and lack of control and strength makes for a missing limb on the opposing side of the body ei. the dominant arm.
    -----
    Your pics make me want a 21. I will have to make it with my 4 for now...

10. TBL

TBL

Dec 26, 2013
    Mmmm RBK. Still on the want list. Nice pictures GSOM :thumbup:

11. Galeocerdoshark

Galeocerdoshark

May 21, 2011
    Good thread, good blade. All good! :D

12. granitestateofmind

Apr 20, 2013
    Screw that. Get the 21. You know you want one.

This needs to be transferred from the "want" list to the "have" list. If you can find your way to one of the Northeast Gatherings, I will make it happen.

See? This very astute gentleman gets it.

13. Bobby3326

Bobby3326

Mar 16, 2013
    21 goodness...still need one of those...one day

14. TBL

TBL

Dec 26, 2013
    Sounds good to me brother! I'm aiming for the fall (if all things go according to plan, but they never do). I have a wedding in May that has taken my lieu days. On the plus side... the wedding will be similar to a gathering :) my buddy is renting out a camping resort about 4 hours north. I'm thinking it will be yuppy style camping, but its still out in the woods :D