1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

RC-10 Pic. (For real this time)

Discussion in 'ESEE KNIVES' started by R.A.T., Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dizwolf

Dizwolf

Aug 25, 2009
    Naw just needs a blood groove, some sawteeth on the back, and a bayonet mount. Maybe a surefire light mount too.

2. R.A.T.

R.A.T. Randall's Adventure & Training

Feb 4, 2004
    That's our whole marketing technique, Horn Dog. Whack something with it, get blood on it in some exotic 3rd World locale, post the pic up and it will sell! Meanwhile, we'll go back to using our Tramontina machetes....Seriously.

Yall may think I'm joking but I don't even carry one of our knives when we're doing our training. Most of this is because I'm usually reviewing someone else's knife, but mainly it's because I either want a folder (SAK is fine) or an 18" machete for what we do (I'm going to the jungle in a couple of weeks with a Bark River bumble bee and a machete). Now, when we finally make our folder, that whole scenario will change. I carry and use a folder every day of my life. Once we get ours on the market, you will hear me sing a different song!

3. DrivebyTrucker

DrivebyTrucker

Nov 8, 2005
    The Chicacondica! ;)

4. Stormstaff

Stormstaff

Dec 14, 2007
    Mmmmmmmmm.........RAT folder..... /drool:)

5. Fritz24

Fritz24

Aug 4, 2009
    Too cool - I totally "need" one as well!:D

6. GregB

GregB Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2000
    I'll buy one and I don't say that about much that ain't INFI or related. I do own a Rat 3, really like it. Want to take one and remove the scales, cord wrap it and have a sheath made for it. I also need an Izula...

GregB
    BaconBeavers

7. dogrunner

dogrunner Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 26, 2003
    Very cool!! I love the look of that handle.

8. Horn Dog

Horn Dog

Sep 9, 2005
    Yep, a good folder and a machete is all I need, too. But I do occasionally use the bush knives. It isn't that they're useless, it's just that a machete works better for most chopping chores. I had one of those .31" thick Busse Fat Fusion Battle Mistesses. Heck of a chopper and worked great for a splitting wedge on maple. But it weighed nearly two pounds without the sheath, so I never carried it. Your new RC, whatever you name it, will at least not be too heavy to carry and light enough to slash through vines and such.

9. Cpl Punishment

Cpl Punishment

Jan 28, 2006
    Aye, you're missing my point. Cant the blade downward, curve the spine in stead of just an angular transition, but keep the edge straight, i.e. not curves like a kukri or parang.

10. MrCoffee

MrCoffee

Feb 17, 2007
    Know, reading Jeff's posts about this blade made me laugh, truly. Because I KNOW I will buy one of these puppies, and I KNOW it will get used once in a great while, when I make up an excuse to put it to work, but otherwise it will sit in the draw next to my RTAK, RD-9, BK-9, KaBar Cutlass, etc etc etc. The ONLY reason I really would have to buy this puppy is because it is a RC product.

Of course the flipside of that is the fact that if I ever did need it, it wouldn't let me down.

11. R.A.T.

R.A.T. Randall's Adventure & Training

Feb 4, 2004
    And that's something I agree with and am proud of when it comes to our product.

12. chewbacca

chewbacca

Mar 17, 2007
    My oh my...what a knife. I cannot wait to wrap my mit around one of those. SHOT show huh? I have a little time to save.

Looks great, thanks for another must have blade from Rat Cutlery.

13. Dizwolf

Dizwolf

Aug 25, 2009
    The thing I've come to realize this summer, is that a ten inch blade isn't the perfect tool for any job. However it's something I'm much more likely to carry with me on a day or two hike in the woods type situations, than an axe/hatchet/machete. It may not get used often, but it's much easier to take 'just in case'. Having been on the cold and chilly side of that before, me likes this pointy.

14. rpn

rpn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Spanish names...piraña...cóndor...that's been a busy name lately :) ...Andes, salvaje, selva, I'll be back with more! :)

15. FortyTwoBlades

FortyTwoBlades Baryonyx walkeri Dealer / Materials Provider

Mar 8, 2008
    Funny thing is, I bet you're right! :D

16. texastonydobbs

texastonydobbs

May 25, 2007
    I feel all Giddy inside tee-hee :D That is freaking sweet !!!!!!

17. MrCoffee

MrCoffee

Feb 17, 2007
    Tony, that has nothing to do with the blade, you just need to go change your Depends again.... :D

18. alaus

alaus

Nov 11, 2007
    For it to be cool, it would have to be at least. .220 thick ;)

19. onado2000

onado2000

Feb 28, 2009
    Kinda like the Bark River Golok

20. PastorMarko

PastorMarko

Oct 3, 2009
    That is TOTALLY AWESOME.

Can be used like a machete, LOL :)

That is a beautiful knife Mr. Randall, thanks for sharing.

I am almost speachless, LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.