REK Ember fixed blade discussion thread

Discussion in 'Razor Edge Knives' started by razor-edge-knives, Jul 17, 2020.

1. razor-edge-knives

razor-edge-knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 3, 2011
    Yeah I'm still in the beginning phases of production so they aren't available on the regular yet... I will be hopefully doing another batch 1st quarter this coming year w/ a larger version (3.5" blade) which I'll announce via my newsletter (so sign up here if you aren't already!). Thanks Steve!!

2. Dogdrawz

Dogdrawz Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 15, 2016
    Oooo the trifecta! Quarantine, Ember...what's the name for this one? FK-2020?

3. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    BAHAHAHA that actually made me laugh out loud :D:D

woodysone, Fullflat and Sharp & Fiery like this.
  4. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    I thought I had signed up, then I entirely missed the ember. I'm pretty sure I signed up after that... time will tell.

razor-edge-knives likes this.
  5. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    I'll check and see... Maybe it went to your spam. You have to white list [email protected]

6. Fullflat

Fullflat Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2018
    Odd question about a petty little detail for you Josh, but for folks who opted for a DLC’d Ember, will the fasteners also be DLC’d to match? Thanks for your time!
    Just left this pic in another thread, but thought it belonged here. Beyond happy with this little blade’s performance and ease of carry :)
    612FE176-AE69-4376-ACEA-AC5460923AD1.jpeg 7AA67449-DD78-4B26-9A01-3E1AACFFF1A1.jpeg 5A582FFE-461D-4BDF-87F7-2DC5FCEA65E4.jpeg

Big DJ, Hard Knocks, Dogdrawz and 2 others like this.
  7. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Yep! The screws absolutely WILL be coated as well so the entire theme matches :thumbsup:

You still rocking the pocket carry?!

Hard Knocks and Fullflat like this.
  8. Fullflat

Jan 4, 2018
    That’s awesome!! :) That kind of little thing is often overlooked by so many makers, but I should’ve known by now that you’d have all the details sorted out ;) You rock Josh! You really do put your all into these projects, and it shows.

I’m pocket carrying it tonight (always a pleasure), but have been alternating this past week between pocket carry, and riding it IWB (unnoticeably) while I (deep) pocket pocket carry a shiv by another maker who builds em crazy sharp in an ‘Emerson style’ hook & pull kydex at the same time. I actually cropped it out of 2 of the pics above lol. Even when I have another blade handy, I just can’t put the Ember down. It’s going out for that leather pocket slip I mentioned to you in a couple weeks :)

Hers’s the uncut shots of my IWB and pocket carry combo of choice these days
    2DC96444-5BD2-4344-BAB1-4C572FF38401.jpeg CBA1467E-A7B1-45E9-8181-4C6803E4FED5.jpeg

9. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Dude that shiv looks wicked! That wave on the kydex is a fantastic idea for that type knife too. Love it!

10. Fullflat

Jan 4, 2018
    Thanks man. The waved kydex works great. Carrying & using the Ember (and that shiv) has been so easy and pleasant that I’ve been able to let go of a bunch of my folders recently with zero remorse :)

11. Big DJ

Big DJ Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 29, 2013
    Good morning Josh, any updates on the Ember preorder? How's it going?

12. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Yep they are at heat treat right now! They have all been rough ground.

[​IMG]

13. Big DJ

Big DJ Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 29, 2013
    Those look awesome!, I like the look of the rough grind.

14. einsteinjon

einsteinjon Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Josh - do you foresee a delay in the DLC ones since you had to find a new supplier?

razor-edge-knives likes this.
  15. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    No, I'm using a different supplier but they only really want me to do production pieces so they don't have to make a bunch of fixtures. So it shouldn't be a problem for the embers.

Fullflat and woodysone like this.
  16. Fullflat

Jan 4, 2018
    So excited for this run of Embers! My first Ember is still chugging along like a champ. No real sharpening, just a few passes on the sharpmaker rods once and a quick strop, and it’s still laser status. Now it’s riding in pocket, in a leather slip I had made for it, and I’m enjoying it more than ever :)
    9238BCCD-1229-416A-9AE1-79194AFA4EF5.jpeg C31F90F6-CBE8-4F9C-88B9-B71BFD6074D9.jpeg