REK Ember fixed blade discussion thread

Discussion in 'Razor Edge Knives' started by razor-edge-knives, Jul 17, 2020.

1. razor-edge-knives

razor-edge-knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 3, 2011
    They are supposed to be laser etching tomorrow hopefully... As soon as they get back I'll be finishing them out with sheaths and final edges!! I'm so annoyed with how long this has taken, ugh. This year I'm working on bringing in some services in house (heat treat and surface grinding) to speed things up hopefully!

duramax, Sharp & Fiery and woodysone like this.
  2. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Kind of looking forward to this! ;):)

3. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Well yesterday I carried it in the pocket with no attachment, today I'm gonna carry horizontal... Also gonna see about a way to carry vertical, I need to get a new dcc clip that's the right size for my belt lol

Great job on these Bill, love the retention! It almost 'snaps' in like kydex with the wet forming you did

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    Thanks Josh much appreciated :)
    I really like the horizontal carry you added :thumbsup:
    For a quick belt loop on a sheath that I’m just looking to toss on.
    I’ve done a simple loop like this. They can be added to a toss in bag/pack sheath.
    062E3963-22AF-4B92-9E14-1494ED5F89CF.jpeg
    Just a 3/4 or 1” strap is all

5. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    yeah I like that! Ok I think i have a strap laying around here I'll probably give it a go next :thumbsup:

duramax and woodysone like this.
  6. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    They are back and etching is perfect! Started work yesterday on finishing them out and that's the only thing I'm working on!

[​IMG]

Big DJ, duramax, BilboBaggins and 2 others like this.
  7. Sharp & Fiery

Sharp & Fiery Always Embellish Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 14, 2012
    Looks absolutely fantastic Josh!

8. woodysone

Nov 21, 2005
    Looks perfect, it’s almost time.;):)

9. Sharp & Fiery

May 14, 2012
    I’m so excited for you, Martin!!!

10. woodysone

Nov 21, 2005
    After those shots this last winter of one of your hunting trips, I’m excited to get one of these in my pocket.

11. Sharp & Fiery

May 14, 2012
    :oops::) You will not be disappointed. Looking forward to hearing what you think. :)

12. einsteinjon

einsteinjon Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Looks awesome Josh!

razor-edge-knives likes this.
  13. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Well I finished up the sheaths and started getting the sharpening done!! Will finish up tomorrow. Can't wait to get these out FINALLY ugh

[​IMG]

14. Sharp & Fiery

May 14, 2012
    Look at all those beauties!!!!

woodysone and razor-edge-knives like this.
  15. Smccool9

Smccool9

May 9, 2017
    Josh, if you have any extras in this batch I'd love an opportunity to pick one up.

16. einsteinjon

Dec 22, 2008
    I find it interesting how there is only 1 orange :)

17. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Email me when you have time, [email protected]

I know right! But some people wanted extra scales so maybe that's why. They don't want orange all the time but will buy an extra set and swap, who knows? :D

Smccool9, woodysone and Sharp & Fiery like this.
  18. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Just finished the DLC ones up FINALLY and got them packed... gonna try to send invoices and tracking tonight, or if not - first thing in the morning so be on the lookout!!

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Sharp & Fiery

May 14, 2012
    Josh, man, these look absolutely incredible. I know how well they work, so what a bonus for these lucky folks. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

razor-edge-knives and woodysone like this.
  20. einsteinjon

Dec 22, 2008
    I can't wait for mine! It will be a fun surprise too. I don't remember if I ordered green micarta, black micarta, or green G10. :D