REK Folder (Kuros) update thread

Discussion in 'Razor Edge Knives' started by razor-edge-knives, Jul 5, 2019.

1. razor-edge-knives

razor-edge-knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 3, 2011
    liners and titanium inserts are officially in! Probably gonna get the first one knocked out in the next few days

[​IMG]

Was playing around w/ some wharnie grinds for @ferider - not that i wanna drill a spydie hole in hardened cruwear lol

[​IMG]

2. ferider

ferider Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 20, 2018
    Oh my ... Looks great, Josh !!! And like I said, flipper will be OK too ....

BTW, hard to see just from the pics, is that a quarter inch Pivot hole in the blade ?

Cheers,

Roland.

Fullflat and woodysone like this.
  3. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Yep! Sure is

Fullflat, ferider and WValtakis like this.
  4. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    Those are looking sweet Josh! Loving that quilted pattern OD micarta:D

Fullflat and woodysone like this.
  5. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Thanks Chip, yeah after I tone it down a tad with some sandpaper (esp around the clip contact point) it seems to work surprisingly well - at least, it has for me :)

6. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Figuring out geometry on this specific folder... This is with a ti insert, no slipping with some pretty hard repeated whacks, stays at about 60% lock up

WValtakis, ferider, phod330 and 3 others like this.
  7. Barman1

Barman1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Excellent.
    Nice to see the extra effort.
    My experience with custom folders and lock slip has been less than stellar.:rolleyes:

8. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Nice to see that your putting in the same effort on this folder as your doing for the fixed blade.;) Are they going to launch around the same time, inquiring minds would like to know so they can save some nickels and dimes?

duramax and razor-edge-knives like this.
  9. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    I've got a few I need to get done up front because one long time customer bought 2 and forced me to take payment prior to them being done... Lol. So once these are done I'll start selling them one as a time as they get done. If you are interested let me know and I can give you a heads up once I'm in the clear and just making them for sale.

I'm still trying to figure out a standard grind for these but for now I'm still customizing some of them :)

woodysone likes this.
  10. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Grind, detent, and lock up done! Now for final fit and finish, cerakote, and some custom scales (once the material arrives)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

duramax, JJ_Colt45, Fullflat and 7 others like this.
  11. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Few more pics :)

Underneath where the clip contacts I basically removed the frag pattern and smoothed it out so there are no issues going in and out of the pocket whatsoever!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

duramax, Wood5045, jstrange and 7 others like this.
  12. woodysone

Nov 21, 2005
    Are they all going to have this grind or is this one special?

Fullflat and razor-edge-knives like this.
  13. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    This was by special request, so I'm not set on it but I do like it! :)

14. PeteyTwoPointOne

PeteyTwoPointOne Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 10, 2014
    *bump*

woodysone and Fullflat like this.
  15. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Thanks for the reminder Ron!

So I have everything in my possession to start finishing some of these out. I apologize to everyone who is on the unofficial list (about 10-15 people).

By request I wanted to post the 2 scale options. These will be hand tuned so as to not tear up the pocket (as much as possible) with smooth clipping and removal.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

WValtakis, ferider, woodysone and 3 others like this.
  16. jstrange

jstrange

Mar 31, 2012
    Very nice work as usual Josh. I knew this would eventually happen years ago when you first started doing regrinds. Bravo sir.

17. woodysone

Nov 21, 2005
    Josh really like the blue, are you going to sand them do in the clip area?

Fullflat and razor-edge-knives like this.
  18. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Yeah mean black? :)

Yeah definitely gonna hand tune them such as underneath the clip and such. For sure.

woodysone and Fullflat like this.
  19. BeastClaw

BeastClaw Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2016
    How do I get on this unofficial list?

Fullflat likes this.
  20. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    You can pm me

woodysone, BeastClaw and Fullflat like this.