1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

RIP Charlie Mike

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by VernonRemington, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Steven65

Steven65 Traditional Hog Platinum Member

Mar 11, 2008
    What a shock to see this.
    I shared a few PM's with Matt over the years.
    His commitment to changing his life and moving forward was an inspiration. BF will not be the same without him.
    My deepest sympathies and condolences to his family and his extended family on BF.
    Steven

2. Béma

Béma Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Sad news, indeed.
    RIP

3. gadgetgeek

gadgetgeek

May 19, 2007
    12 pages hoping it was one of the worst jokes possible. I guess not. He will be missed.

LizaMari likes this.
  4. DJC72

DJC72 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 1, 2014
    I enjoyed his comments on this forum, they always brought a smile to my face. RIP

Seesteel, Odog27 and Jinz0 like this.
  5. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    This was the time we’d usually talk. It was 12 am there and if he saw I was up he’d text or call and shoot the bull for a couple of hours, usually till I fell asleep around 5.

It’s this time of the mornings I’m gonna miss him most.

6. Minnesota Man

Minnesota Man Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 30, 2014
    May God bless you and your family my brother!

My limited experience with Charlie Mike is primarily through posts on here and the YouTube comment section. I called him about a custom kiridashi. First thing he said to a potential customer (he knew I was calling) was something that many people would find offensive as Hell. I'm not a snowflake and thought it was funny as can be! We talked for an hour, about knives, life, politics and many other different subjects. It felt like I was catching up with an old friend!

Rest in peace my brother of the blade!

7. Filoso

Filoso Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 22, 2013
    Very sad news. Rest In Peace CM.

8. Jinz0

Jinz0

Apr 28, 2017
    He was never afraid to be himself, and he taught me “You own your things or your things own you”. CM will be missed.

9. rpn

rpn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Hooah soldier!

RIP brother...

10. A.L.

A.L.

Jun 27, 2007
    What the heck? :,(
    This is shocking news, I’m speechless.
    He was about my age (I think) and so much fun. It was a great pleasure to follow his knife making progress and talking to him. What a loss.

11. Czechnologist

Czechnologist Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 17, 2018
    Very sorry to hear this. I didn't know Matt but, I liked what he posted and he was one helluva knifemaker. RIP, brother.

12. wazu013

wazu013 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 14, 2011
    shook

Cursum Perficio likes this.
  13. not2sharp

not2sharp Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 1999
    Sorry to hear.

RIP CM

n2s

mmmotorcycle likes this.
  14. RICKSTER

RICKSTER Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Very, Very Sad News, God Bless

mmmotorcycle likes this.
  15. HappyDaddy

HappyDaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 21, 2013
    What a sh*t way to start the day... There was something uniquely endearing about CM that just made you want to root hard for him to be happy and successful. One can only hope that at the end (the how is unimportant, so stop asking) he knew that many people, including many he never met, cared about him. RIP

diavoli and Odog27 like this.
  16. d762nato

d762nato Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2009
    I'm so sorry to hear of this Matt was a good guy with a good heart for sure. He seen I was interested in a knife he had gotten and he just sent it to me no money involved. I always liked watching his videos and he'd straight up tell you what he thought. I'm truly going to miss him.
    RIP Brother,

Seesteel, Odog27 and LizaMari like this.
  17. wackafew

wackafew Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 23, 2008
    RIP.....May your blades always stay sharp.

18. Wolverine666

Wolverine666 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2009
    I always admired his modified Spyderco Mamba. He did a sweet job on it. Talented guy.

mmmotorcycle likes this.
  19. longbow

longbow

Jan 9, 1999
    Ruck up and soldier on. Charlie Mike(continue mission) and stay tactical. RIP

mmmotorcycle likes this.
  20. miso2

miso2 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 19, 2014
    This thread clearly shows how he was appreciated in this community.
    RIP.

115Italian, Lapedog, marcinek and 4 others like this.