1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

RIP Charlie Mike

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by VernonRemington, Jan 15, 2019.

1. bambam99

bambam99 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 8, 2014
    Terrible news
    RIP Matt, too soon bro

2. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    I never knew him but he seemed like an excellent guy as far as interactions with him on the forum, this is definitely a great loss for sure.
    This forum has lost something special.

3. welderknifenut

welderknifenut Gold Member Gold Member

May 2, 2011
    So sad to hear of Matt passing away. He will always be missed. A real authentic guy.

4. RevDevil

RevDevil Super Evil Supermod Staff Member Super Mod

Nov 9, 2009
    Matt, was a good guy. He had an odd sense of humor and was a forum friend for almost 10 years. RIP friend, it was a pleasure knowing you. :(

5. Pete1977

Pete1977 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 15, 2002
    This is sad news. I don’t get on the forums much anymore but he was an asset to the knife community.
    Rest in peace CM.

T. Erdelyi likes this.
  6. R.c.s

R.c.s

Dec 23, 2013
    He will be sorely missed . RIP CM My thoughts go out to your family at this sad time

7. shinyedges

shinyedges Unfaltering Love & Undeviating Will Platinum Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Charlie! Wish you returned under better circumstances, but glad to see you. Hope all has been well with you.

8. RevDevil

Nov 9, 2009
    Sadly, I was told by a friend about Matt and another forum friend that pased away. Sad news today all around it seems.

9. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    I only knew Charlie Mike/Matt Freeman through interactions here. He was one of a kind. He has gone through a lot in his life and overcame. That is more than many of us can say. He was too damn young to die for any reason. This is such sad news for me and only noticed this thread today. I am grieving. Rest in peace Charlie Mike. I'll say a prayer for you.

LizaMari likes this.
  10. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Rest Easy Matt. One of the very few who I can honestly say that there wasn’t a single false note. Your humor was wicked and razor sharp like your knives. You enriched all who came into contact with you. A most unforgettable character. Smoke and Prayers to your family.

LizaMari, BIGLOU, mb> and 1 other person like this.
  11. taste.blade

taste.blade Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 2016
    RIP Matt, you will certainly be missed.

12. bikerector

bikerector Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 16, 2016
    Sad to hear, I always enjoyed reading his posts. Seems so sudden. RIP.

BIGLOU likes this.
  13. Art_Vandeley

Art_Vandeley

Jul 22, 2009
    Man I`m crushed to hear about this. Matt was a truly good guy, always honest no apologies, and a great knife maker. I loved his posts and shooting the shit with him on IG and over the phone. This is a sad day.

RevDevil likes this.
  14. Boozoo Chavis

Boozoo Chavis

Oct 18, 2003
    Charlie Mike was truly one of a kind. He had a very interesting style & personality, and I always made an effort to read his threads.

RIP, Soldier - You will be missed.

Seesteel likes this.
  15. noob93

noob93

Feb 6, 2016
    Rip Matt very sad news indeed. You will be missed by all who knew you. One of the most genuine coolest guys iv had the pleasure of talking to. A real knife maker in every sense of the word. Matt had just made me a knife to celebrate my 2 years of sobriety. I had a problem with the length of the handle and Matt had offered to replace the knife so long as I offered the other to another addict. I think that speaks volumes of his character and I will honor him by carrying that knife and using it every chance I get. Rip my friend I will never forget you.

thebrain, LizaMari and Odog27 like this.
  16. Spark

Spark HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate Staff Member Administrator Super Mod Moderator

Oct 2, 1998
    This hit me like a gut punch this morning. When CM was on FB, we'd chat for days about all manner of stuff. When he left FB, we fell out of touch and that's something I'm regretting a great deal now.

He was a hilarious, no bullshit, tell-it-like-it-is dude who made our lives richer. He did things others talked about. He had no fucks left.

You'll be missed, Matt.

17. Norvox

Norvox

May 24, 2014
    RIP CM :{

18. Bob6794

Bob6794

Apr 21, 2013
    RIP

I wish I had the pleasure of saying I knew you but I only knew you through your interactions with us on this forum. But you are still one of the few men who gained my respect and you will be missed.

BIGLOU likes this.
  19. RevDevil

Nov 9, 2009
    Agreed 100%

mmmotorcycle and Fred Sanford like this.
  20. cricketdave

cricketdave Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2008
    RIP ill see you on fiddlers green brother.

mmmotorcycle likes this.