Photos RIP Ronybear;

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Porkybear2, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Porkybear2

Porkybear2

Jun 18, 2006
    To the Busse family,

I just wanted to take a minute and post on here to all of the HOGs out there in Busse Land that knew my father Ron Hall (aka-Ronybear or Porkybear). He passed away peacefully on 9-14-20 in Charleston, SC with his 3 children by his side. Some of our best times together were at the Blade and Knob Creek Shows. We both love us some Infi and we always enjoyed breaking bread with the gang and admiring all of the beautiful knives. Jerry and the Busse family treated us so kindly and always made us feel at home. Although we weren't able to make the last several shows we were always there in spirit and talked about how nice it would be to make it back one day. Unfortuneately, it never happened for us. Thankyou all so much for bringing us in and always making us feel loved. Those memories of my dad will forever be with me.

Respectfully,

Porkybear2 (The Revenge)

2. UNRL Ghandi

UNRL Ghandi Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 24, 2013
    Sorry to hear. I can't think of a better way to go - peacefully with your children at your side. Prayers.

David Lennon and ironwagon like this.
  3. Jaxx

Jaxx Moderator Moderator

Jan 18, 2006
    Well shite...So very sorry to read this.. :oops::oops::oops:
    My sincerest condolences to you & your family for your loss.
    Was a pleasure to meet him, & talk knives @ Blade years ago, & handle those sweet INFI automatics he had done- so beautiful..and I still have the knife he sold me a long time back, the Mean Street fatty prototype he sent to Reese Weiland for custom work.

RIP Porkybear

FB_IMG_1543287537360.jpg

BIGDORK likes this.
  4. Soulrack223

Soulrack223

May 8, 2007
    I'm very sorry to hear this. I only ever interacted with him here on the forum but he was very kind to a young hog. I seem to remember he told me he was a retired school principle at the time.

5. Winston_Smith

Winston_Smith Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 18, 2019
    I’m so sorry to hear that, I never met him but knew him a bit from the forums, he was a constant here.

My most sincere condolences, but I’m glad to hear he passed with his loved ones close to ease his journey...

Winston

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
  6. Garth Reckner

Garth Reckner Moderator Moderator

Dec 13, 2004
    One of the first Hogs I ever met. An outstanding man for sure. He will be missed by all who knew him.
    Thoughts and prayers to his family.
    Garth

Jaxx and Ironkid883 like this.
  7. resinguy

resinguy

Feb 19, 2006
    So sorry for your family. My last trip to Blade, 2009, Ronybear was kind enough to give me a ride into town from the airport, and introduced me to The Varsity ... "What’ll ya have… What’ll ya have?"

Ironkid883 likes this.
  8. MikeH

MikeH

Oct 18, 2001
    Oh, no. RIP, big guy.

If you bought a Busse from RonyBear, you could count on two things:
    No matter what he said about the knife's condition, it was always going to be better than described.
    It was going to be more carefully wrapped and protected than from any other seller, ever.

Jaxx likes this.
  9. PeteyTwoPointOne

PeteyTwoPointOne Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 10, 2014
    RIP Ronybear-- sounds like the kind of Hog I'd been lucky to meet, sorry that I didn't. :(

10. d762nato

d762nato Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Sorry to hear this, Rest in Peace Brother.

11. Ironkid883

Ironkid883

Jun 29, 2018
    Rest in piece and my condolences to you and your familiy

12. tinfoil hat timmy

tinfoil hat timmy

Aug 21, 2014
    God bless your family.

vkp78 likes this.
  13. LarsAnna

LarsAnna Going to Valhalla Gold Member

Aug 9, 2014
    My condolences..

14. Busto

Busto KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 26, 2011
    Condolences to the Family...RIP Ronybear.

15. lmcq784

lmcq784 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2010
    I haven’t been around long enough to know him, but wish to extend my condolences to your family.

RIP, Ronybear.

16. Bill Siegle

Bill Siegle KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 3, 2000
    Rest In Peace

17. tuica

tuica Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2013
    All the best to you, and your family, during these troubled times.

18. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    Condolences to the friends and family....

19. Will York

Will York Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 21, 2000
    So sorry to hear of his passing. I always looked forward to reading his posts, as his perspective was always well informed. As MikeH said, he was a stellar trader—and gentleman—here on the forums. Also had a great sense of humor. One of the best.

Jaxx likes this.
  20. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Sorry to hear that. May your family find peace, and enjoy the fond memories you have of him.