1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 29 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Ron Flaherty Folder , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

RKVUK for 6/10

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Yangdu, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Yangdu

Yangdu [email protected] Himalayan Imports-Owner Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
    15 inch 14 ounce Villager Utility knife by Ram Kumar. Satisal wood handle. Minor flaw on handle and slight used blade. $25.

[​IMG]

Email to [email protected] to order
    First come first served

2. EricTheRedBeard

EricTheRedBeard Basic Member Basic Member

May 17, 2018
    EMS on RKVUK
    Got the DD!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    George Azar likes this.
  3. George Azar

George Azar Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2017
    Nice grab Eric!!

EricTheRedBeard likes this.
  4. Shann

Shann

Sep 2, 2004
    Great deal!

5. EricTheRedBeard

May 17, 2018
    Thanks guys! Gotta love these little villagers. I think I'll try my hand at making a wooden scabbard for it. I'll post pictures when I do.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    George Azar likes this.
  6. EricTheRedBeard

May 17, 2018
    Here is the scabbard I made to go with it. This knife was pretty much a gift at only $25. I am really in love with this little villager. Thanks Ms. Martino. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

joeraz likes this.
  7. joeraz

joeraz

Jan 6, 2016
    Nice work Eric. What kind of wood?

8. EricTheRedBeard

May 17, 2018
    Thank you. I used oak. My brother gave me a slat from an old oak pallet he got from his work. After I had already started the project I read about how people tend to use softer wood for easier carving. I can see why. This one was pretty HARD to carve. Nice and strong though.

9. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    That's good looking oak. It is hard to work on though, took some effort for sure.

10. EricTheRedBeard

May 17, 2018
    Thank you Bawanna! I put this into a post over in the cantina. Feel free to delete or move this one off the show floor.

11. pugs75

pugs75 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Eric,
    That looks great man, looks like it took a minute to make. Great job!!

12. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    Pugs, that knife in your avatar makes me heart skip a beat every time I see it. The sheath is a knock out too although it rides too low for a sitting person.

13. pugs75

pugs75 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Thanks man, but good for show and tell.