1. Our COVID-19 response can be found here

Rustproof Nail Clippers?

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by David Mary, Feb 20, 2020.

1. David Mary

David Mary KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 23, 2015
    I tend to clip my nails in the shower, and store my clippers in the bathroom as a result. And of course, the number one cause of my needing to buy new nail clippers is that they rust out on me. Yesterday it occurred to me that I would gladly pay several times the price of regular nail clippers for a nice sturdy pair constructed of LC200N. It wouldn't hurt if they were made by Spyderco. I wonder if anyone else feels the same?

P.S. While typing this post up I did a quick internet search, and I see the idea of Spyderco nail clippers has come up before!

https://forum.spyderco.com/viewtopic.php?t=38602

3fifty7 likes this.
  2. maugust09

maugust09

Mar 14, 2018
    They already put an lc200n blade in a rocks glass which i plan on getting.

Id happily buy any non-knife items Spyderco makes.

David Mary likes this.
  3. Yo Mama

Yo Mama

Sep 25, 2011
    Just bite them off like the rest of humanity!

Bigbobg likes this.
  4. David Mary

David Mary KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 23, 2015
    bikerector likes this.
  5. 5-by-5

5-by-5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 13, 2016
    Gross

David Mary and Yo Mama like this.
  6. toxophilus

toxophilus Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2015
    Don't store them in the humidity... on a different note; got these stainless steel clippers for my best friend (38 years & counting :) )as a Christmas stocking stuffer and she's over the moon about them.

SEKI EDGE 2-PIECE GROOMING KIT

7. David Mary

Jul 23, 2015
    You are right, of course, but sometimes convenience defeats prudence. :oops:

I saw those in the thread I linked in my OP, and I looked them up on eBay, found them, and instantly pulled the trigger. I would still be pretty jazzed if Spyderco made some rustproof clippers, though. Something I can use while deep sea diving ( :p ).

toxophilus likes this.
  8. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    I've got the Seki Edge clippers... but rarely use them. This is going to sound weird, especially here, but they're too sharp. I found it takes (ME) more time to do my nails with them, because I have to file them afterwards...something I almost never felt a need to do before.

fonedork and David Mary like this.
  9. David Mary

Jul 23, 2015
    I cut my nails in the shower, and then I wash my hair, using vigorous enough lathering action to file my nails smooth.

10. 3fifty7

3fifty7 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2016
    I do enjoy a nice pair of nail clippers and have several sets. I clip my nails outside while walking around in my yard. I’d love and pay a premium for Spyderco LC200N clippers as well. Also a second pair to keep with my fishing tackle.

David Mary likes this.
  11. nephron

nephron Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 3, 2017
    I use Snap On side cutter pliers and do it outside, not sure my plumbing would like the clippings.

PeteyTwoPointOne and David Mary like this.
  12. David Mary

Jul 23, 2015
    Whoa! Your nails must be tough as... um... nails?

uncle willie and nephron like this.
  13. nephron

nephron Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Pretty much, broke a few clippers. Psoriasis makes my nails(especially toe)distort, grow faster and thicker.

14. 5-by-5

5-by-5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 13, 2016

I got these for thick toe nails.

15mm Wide Jaw Opening Nail Clippers for Thick Nails,Finger Nail Clippers for Ingrown Toenail Clippers for Men,Tough Nails, Seniors, Adults.Deluxe Sturdy Stainless Steel Big(Silver) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0773KW52B/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_tvMuEbBGAD6NR

nephron likes this.
  15. allenC

allenC

Jun 18, 2000
    Get a Victorinox Swiss Army Knife with scissors.
    I've never seen a rusty one.