1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Rusty Slate Has Walked West

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by munk, Apr 2, 2005.

1. munk

munk

Mar 22, 2002
    Our dear friend Rusty passed away early Tuesday morning, between 1230 and 1240 in the morning. He probably died of complications of Pneumonia. They do not know yet. He was buried this morning.

His widow asks that any donations in his regard be placed to the American Diabetes Foundation.

ON April 30th, at 2PM, there will be a memorial in Rusty's home town, that that would be a good opportunity for any who can to attend, or to have their own moment of respect in any manner they choose.

Personally, I'm going to find a place and time to fire the 41 Mag he gave me. As he once fired it in respect for one of his lost friends in a ghost town in Ca, so shall I regarding Rusty.

He loved the description of God as the Great Heart. His own heart was great, and I will miss him the rest of my days.

munk

namaarie likes this.
  2. mauirob3

mauirob3

Aug 7, 2004
    My God, I don't know what to say.

I didn't even know that Rusty was sick...

First Uncle Bill and now this I can't beleive this has happened

3. cognitivefun

cognitivefun

Oct 24, 2004
    I am in shock...my best to Rusty's widow. Very sad, very sad :(

4. Dr. Thor

Dr. Thor

Mar 30, 2004
    That is terrible news. My prayers go out to him family. :(

5. samoand

samoand

Jun 8, 2004
    He passed away less than 12 hours after he delivered the bad news about UB??? This clustering of deaths among good people is insane.

My condolences to those who knew him.

6. gravertom

gravertom

Jun 4, 2004
    :(

My prayers for Rusty's family.

Tom

7. Berkley

Berkley

May 5, 1999
    We had all had time to get used to the idea of Bill's passing, but the sudden and unexpected loss of our friend Rusty makes it doubly hard to bear. Condolences to his widow; smoke and prayers for the whole HI family. I rejoice that Bill and Rusty are together again, but mourn the loss of his strength and wisdom. Vaya con Dios, brother.

8. FallingKnife

FallingKnife

Jul 13, 2003
    I'm saddened and stunned. Condolences to his family. He was way too young.

9. PZ93C

PZ93C

May 12, 2003
    :eek: :(

Bill, Rusty and the Pope. Good company.

Brian

10. Howard Wallace

Howard Wallace . Moderator

Feb 23, 1999
    Rest in peace, my friend Rusty.

Bill will be there in the Bardo with a cold beer for you.

Namaste.

11. ArchAngel

ArchAngel Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 13, 2000
    Rusty Too?? :( It is hard to believe we have lost both Bill and Rusty in a matter of days. My condolences to Rustys family. These are sad days indeed. :(

12. arty

arty

Oct 18, 2003
    That is terrible news. Now we know why we haven't heard from him -- when he last posted, he was sick.

I regret his passing.

13. Daga

Daga

Oct 31, 2004
    Dear me...
    Rest in peace...

14. Jebadiah_Smith

Jebadiah_Smith

Jul 28, 2004
    I didnt even know he was sick.

Be at peace Rusty.

15. Hamon

Hamon

Jun 19, 2004
    Wow... And Rusty... Terrible news to hear. He will be missed.

Travis

16. 37up

37up

Jun 16, 2002
    Rusty?

:confused:

17. Tohatchi NM

Tohatchi NM

Mar 26, 2002

Just like Uncle, getting the job done right up until the end. Definitely a surprise - though I'm not so surprised he was so quiet about it. Rusty, may you find wide open spaces and straight shooters wherever you go.

18. munk

munk

Mar 22, 2002
    Rusty had respiratory weaknesses. He probably did not know how sick he was. He'd had a bad 'flu' for several weeks. He was 54.

munk

19. BruiseLeee

BruiseLeee

Sep 7, 2001
    :( .

20. Daniel Koster

Daniel Koster www.kosterknives.com Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 18, 2001
    Prayers for Russ' family & loved ones. I just got the news from Yangdu. :(