1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.
  2. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

S.Alexander custom knives, building the perfect beast!

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by fastevo, Jul 19, 2016.

1. fastevo

fastevo

Dec 10, 2004
    Roaming the outback of Mexico has its ups and downs! The native culture, the beautiful scenery and the food are all out of this world! The flip side is, things often go missing, there is an under current of some less than upstanding characters and it is hard to get a custom knife, built to your specifications, down here! I contacted Shane Alexander after seeing his work here on BF, I did some researching (cyber stalking) of his posts and he seemed to have a real grasp of heat treating and appeared to always offer assistance to those new to knife making....... I like that type of person(laity) and decided to approach him about building me a knife of my design (though based heavily on a kitchen knife design, Shane had built previously) after my Scrap Yard 1311 came up missing? Shane worked with me on the design and followed through on the implementation and what I received is an absolutely PERFECT rendition of my original concept. The North American Gaucho (NAG for short)!

I had contacted Shane in April and was given a ETA of my NAG, of mid July, I was pleasantly surprised when Shane contacted me, at the end of May, to let me know the old NAG was done! The NAG was a welcome sight, as I am sick and tired of using the cheap machetes so prevalent throughout Mexico, they are fine for clearing brush but are not the proper tool for a lot of the work I do. Thank you Shane for bringing my NAG to life and thanks BF for bringing Shane to my attention, through this medium!

The short version is, Shane Alexander is a great guy, building great knives (to your specs), that gives back to those in the BF community! I already see changes I will make to this NAG concept of mine and there will be no doubt, who I approach, to build NAG II! Kindest regards, Steve

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  2. S.Alexander

S.Alexander

Jul 7, 2013
    Thanks very much Steve. That's a very nice write-up. It was a pleasure working with you on this project. The biggest knife I've made to date.

I hope the old NAG treats you well :D

Oh, and a couple of pics for fun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]