1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 16 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Buck Custom Shop 119 Special lasermarked with the BladeForums logo!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Buck Custom Shop 119, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Apil 20; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Selector V52

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by Henk van Veen, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Henk van Veen

Henk van Veen

Oct 30, 2017
    Hello I am Henk van Veen from the Netherlands and I hav in my possesion an Selector V52 with 7 blades I like to know if the blades for the selector 2.0 also will fit the V52.

2. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    If the V52 you are referring to is the Buck V52 Selector, you should post in the Buck Forum here https://www.bladeforums.com/forums/buck-knives.701/ I don't know enough about the Buck Selector to answer your question, but, someone in the Buck Forum will. HTH

3. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    Moving to the Buck Forum...

pjsjr likes this.
  4. Henk van Veen

Henk van Veen

Oct 30, 2017
    Thanks for the info I sure will try the Buck Forum .

5. Henk van Veen

Henk van Veen

Oct 30, 2017
    Hello I am Henk van Veen from the Netherlands and I have in my possesion an Buck Selector V52 My question is will the blades for the Buck selector 2.0 also fit on the V52

sassafrassdogs3 likes this.
  6. sassafrassdogs3

sassafrassdogs3 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2016
    I don't think so...I'm no expert though. I think that's why they have a whole different set of blades...

Welcome to the Buck forum...

7. gedlicks

gedlicks Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 15, 2012
    I just tried a 2.0 blade in one of my selector handles and it will fit and fold however it tends to fall out of place when folding the blade as well as there is quite a bit of vertical blade play and the
    spine of the blade sits up quite a bit over the handle back spring. In other words a 2.0 blade will work but it doesn't fit right. It will work when fully opened or fully closed but as I stated the blade tends to fall out of the pivot when folding either way.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    sassafrassdogs3 likes this.
  8. David Martin

David Martin Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 7, 2008
    ged, thanks for this effort. I seem to recall asking this question to Mr. Hubbard some time back and he said, no they will not work. Which is
    correct.
    Heck van Veen, welcome to the Buck Forum. Blades for your V52 come up for sale on auction sites. So, keep looking there. That's a great
    model to own. I have made several blades for mine over the years. DM

9. Henk van Veen

Henk van Veen

Oct 30, 2017
    Thank Freinds for al your advice I will look for the remaining blades I do not have yet wich will fit my V52.
    Thanks again.

10. sassafrassdogs3

sassafrassdogs3 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2016
    So with a little duct tape, it'll work great, huh?:D:D:D:D:D:rolleyes:

11. tiguy7

tiguy7 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2008
    A610B81D-A6A2-4230-9AC5-EF3B904BDD3B.jpeg
    Here is a picture of the 10 factory issued (early) Selector blades. L-R 1) 1/2 serrated and non-serrated Clip Point, 2) 1/2 serrated and non-serrated Hawk Bill, 3) Saw blade and Buffalo Skinner, 4) 1/2 serrated and non-serrated Gut Hook, and 5) full serrated and non-serrated Drop Point.

12. David Martin

Apr 7, 2008
    tiguy7, a tastefully done display on Selectors- V52. Thank you, DM

13. tiguy7

tiguy7 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Thank you David. This is part of what I display at the Blade Show. I wasn’t too bright to snap a picture with the lid closed.

14. David Martin

Apr 7, 2008
    Here are some of the blades I have made for the Selector: a 4" saw blade from L6 steel, a 3 7/8" skinner blade, deeper hollow grind from 440C steel, I use the drop point serrated blade for pruning and a 6" boning blade w/ a little flex, full flat grind of 01 steel. These blades
    cover about all my needs. I like the feel of the first 2 blade Selector's handle. Maybe these will get someone brain storming for a Selector blade they wish for. DM
    Selector.jpg

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    pjsjr, jbmonkey and gedlicks like this.
  15. David Martin

Apr 7, 2008
    The 6" blade does double duty on fish cleaning and chicken processing. A good shape and size to use. DM