1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Send smoke and prayers for Bura Kami

Discussion in 'H.I. Cantina' started by Yangdu, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Yangdu

Yangdu [email protected] Himalayan Imports-Owner Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
    After suffering from ongoing health issue for a long time Bura Kami had passed away. Very sad news to all of us. Send prayers, smoke and good thoughts to Bura Kami and his family.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Foxy Folly from my collection

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EricTheRedBeard likes this.
  2. pugs75

pugs75 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Smoke and prayers to Buras family, he will be greatly missed but his legend will live on.

3. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    How terribly sad. Smoke up from the NW. He will always be remembered. A true legend.

4. Bookie

Bookie Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2014
    Special smoke in my blacksmith shop today. Blessings to his family.

5. ndoghouse

ndoghouse Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Smoke up from Texas. So sad to hear that. Peace be with the family. Its going to take a while for this one to sink in.

6. cul4u01

cul4u01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 5, 2012
    Smoke and prayers up for Bura, his legend will live on in his blades, and in our hearts.

7. davidf99

davidf99 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Sad news. He will be missed, but his work will live on.

8. Howard Wallace

Howard Wallace . Moderator

Feb 23, 1999
    Best wishes for royal kami Bura in his ongoing journeys. He made a global name for himself and his craft. Fortunately a few younger kamis were able to study with him and carry on the tradition he embodied.

Red Flower owns but a single khukuri, in contrast to her obsessive husband. It is this Bura blade, which showcases his craftsmanship.

6B858D42-6B29-474E-AE5B-23623D69CEC0.jpeg

The old thread where she considered her blade is here. Many forumites weighed in with advice and this “BDC” design by Bura carried the day.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  9. Teru115

Teru115

Aug 29, 2011
    Smoke and prayers for Bura Kami. I will take his blade and go chop some wood tomorrow.

10. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    Red Flower has a very special blade there. Beautiful, with her name and everything.
    Can't get much more special than that.

EricTheRedBeard and Bookie like this.
  11. gyr

gyr

Apr 13, 2002
    Prayers for Lalit Bura and for his family. His work will continue to honor his memory.

12. George Azar

George Azar Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2017
    Prayers for his family. His legacy will live on!!

13. tedwca

tedwca

Dec 10, 2005
    Smoke from California, I'm sad to hear of his passing. He made some of my favorite blades.

14. EricTheRedBeard

EricTheRedBeard Basic Member Basic Member

May 17, 2018
    His reputation and the work of his hands spread across the earth and still inspires many. I am thankful for all he did for Himalayan Imports and the other kamis. I'm also proud to be the keeper of one of his blades. I feel happy he lived and sad he died. I will pray for those he left behind.