1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Send the Smoke!

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Spectre, Jan 10, 2004.

1. Spectre

Spectre

Nov 3, 1998
    Folks, my mother passed away Jan 8, 1996, four years after her cancer was first found. There was a message from my roommate to call my father, when I got in from hunting this evening, and I felt a foreboding.

My father was turning yellow, so he had some tests done. MRI appears to show lesions on his liver, gall bladder, and colon. I don't agree with a lot of things about how I was raised, but I've only got one dad. Should be able to confirm whether malignant this week. I really don't want to lose both my parents to cancer.

At the same time, I find that my nephew is in trouble. He had a party at his place, and a 16-yr old boy wandered outside in the wee hours, and evidently passed out in 32 degree weather. The DA is pushing manslaughter charges, even against the family's wishes (my nephew was a pallbearer).

With all the outlandish claims some trolls have made here lately, I'm a little hesitant to post this, but one of the best things about this group, is the way they really care. Any prayers, smoke, or kind thoughts y'all want to send for my pop and my nephew, Donnovan, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

John

2. Roadrunner

Roadrunner

Jun 9, 1999
    Done.

3. Nasty

Nasty Chief Cook & Bottle Wash

Nov 11, 2003
    Dang John...when ir rains, it pours...

Smoke being sent...

4. crooked knife

crooked knife

Nov 25, 2003
    Best wishes for your dad and nephew. And I'm also thinking good thoughts for you too.

5. Mark Nelson

Mark Nelson

Feb 21, 2003
    Smoke going you way.

6. Cuttin' Craig

Cuttin' Craig

Jun 9, 2001
    Prayers sent for the whole family. Sorry to hear it, but I'm glad you confided in us. Please keep us posted.

-Craig

7. Aardvark

Aardvark

Nov 26, 2002
    Spectre, we know you. Compared to you, most of us just got here. Thanks for trusting us, and best wishes sent your way.

8. SamuraiDave

SamuraiDave

Apr 6, 2001
    on their way

9. ddean

ddean

Mar 26, 2002
    Done.

10. spiraltwista

spiraltwista

Nov 29, 2002
    I am sorry to hear your news Spectre, I hope your ok.
    Best wishes,
    Spiral

11. WarrenR

WarrenR

Dec 27, 2003
    Spectre, Hang in there buddy, we're here for you.
    Keep your head up high and your outlook positive.
    Smoke sent down your way...
    -WarrenR

12. munk

munk

Mar 22, 2002
    I'm sorry, for you, your Dad and the kid. I'll pray for you and your Dad. The kid doesn't need my efforts, but the DA needs a kick in the rear.

I'm just plain sorry, Spectre.

munk

13. philthygeezer

philthygeezer

Aug 6, 2002
    On the way.

Someone tell the silly lawyer he should try to make his money some other way. What a jerk-off. :rolleyes:

14. Kismet

Kismet

Jan 30, 2002
    done.

15. Spectre

Spectre

Nov 3, 1998
    Thanks, everybody. I wrote a little poem a few minutes before I found this out from my dad. I thought I was writing it for someone else.

Raindrops come. Let them fall.
    Rainclouds come. Let them fly.
    Tears fall. Let them go.
    Sunshine comes.

16. ferguson

ferguson

Feb 21, 2001
    Prayers and good thoughts going up from here. Take care my friend.

Steve

17. WrongFriend

WrongFriend

Jul 6, 1999
    Sorry to hear the news. Prayers done, and smoke on the way.

18. mohd

mohd

Jun 3, 1999
    Spectre.
    It is done according to the best way I know!

19. sams

sams

Apr 21, 2001
    smoke for you and wish'n the best

20. ArchAngel

ArchAngel Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 13, 2000
    Spectre,

Stay strong in these times. That strength can be of comfort to those you love when they are in pain.
    My prayers and smoke all coming at you. Take Care