Server issues @ BFC?

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by 4mer_FMF, Feb 1, 2020.

1. CSG

CSG

Dec 15, 2007
    For me, it *is* slow all the time. I ran a forum for over 20 years and we also asked for user support. When we had issues brought to our attention, we responded publicly and corrected them. If you ask for money on top of advertising revenue, it seems like a reasonable request.

WValtakis, Hivoltage and jlauffer like this.
  2. jlauffer

jlauffer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2016
    Just realized I probably misunderstood what you meant by "contributor". I was thinking contributing in terms of posts, but guessing you meant a paid membership? If so, your stance makes a lot more sense. Sorry about that.

3. CSG

CSG

Dec 15, 2007
    Yes, paid membership. As you can see by the years I've been here, I don't post all that much and I never sell anything. Add to that, frequent slow run times (for me), and, well...

jlauffer likes this.
  4. 4mer_FMF

4mer_FMF Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 9, 2016
    My life pattern the last few weeks has kept me occupied with other stuff during the nightly standstill.

Tonight I tried to visit around 8:10 mdt. When BFC wouldn’t load I was about to start screaming at the kids for dicking with the wifi...then I remembered.

5. RamZar

RamZar Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2013
    45 seconds to load a page! Like clockwork a scheduled process kicks in at 7pm Pacific Time each evening (possibly other times). This fact alone should help find the offending process and move it say midnight Pacific Time. We have now dealt with this issue for nearly 4 months! Nobody cares even if you’re a paying member?! Slowness for once or twice a day for about 45 minutes is acceptable?!

6. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    Site was totally wadded up from about 4:00-4:02:(

Screenshot_20200521-040155_Chrome.jpg

7. jmh33

jmh33 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 16, 2003
    When is this going to end.. Thinking about canceling my membership here.. COME ON!!! FIX IT!!!!

8. Fred Sanford

Fred Sanford Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2006
    Yeah...I’ve lost faith. Not renewing this year. Been going on too long.

I can only access the site during the day. At night, forget it. I work days so this doesn’t work for me.

9. ADD

ADD

Apr 29, 2006
    Brutal

10. braillediver

braillediver Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Totally surprised this has been going on for 4 months now. Pretty much unusable at 8pm pacific time.

I had the fleeting thought of Not renewing my Gold Membership because of the problems But I do enjoy the site when it's working.

Bladeforum's Internet Provider is screwing you over because of the bad support \ service. Probably has an actual impact on your revenue reading others posts.

WValtakis and RayseM like this.
  11. btb01

btb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    11 pm central (first time I’ve experienced it that late), painfully slow.

12. 4mer_FMF

4mer_FMF Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Yeah. Tonight was sporadically sucky throughout the evening.

13. Fred Sanford

Fred Sanford Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2006
    I'm on right now and it's actually manageable.