Shanghai Shadow’s pretty good

Discussion in 'Cold Steel Knives' started by DangerZone98, Jan 10, 2021.

1. DangerZone98

DangerZone98

Dec 7, 2019
    Gift for my Father arrived today. Rock solid knife. It was lighter than I expected and the balance was fantastic. Wasn’t as sharp as some other CS knives, but nothing rods can’t fix. Time will tell if the sheath will dull this one, but I’m happy with the purchase.

It’s not as practical as a Recon Tanto or SRK, but it’s a fun knife for the occasional utility work. Will try to post some pics soon.

upnorth, jbmonkey and WTF like this.
  2. WTF

WTF

Feb 20, 2000
    Excellent! I hope your Father enjoys!

DangerZone98 likes this.
  3. Chris_Texas

Chris_Texas

Apr 2, 2020
    Nice gift!

DangerZone98 likes this.
  4. Larry Turko

Larry Turko

Oct 4, 2007
    I agree the shanghai shadow is a good knife and a very interesting design. It's big brother the shanghai warrior is even cooler and the closest thing to a smatchet, at a reasonable price, that I know of.

upnorth, johnnywizzo and DangerZone98 like this.
  5. DangerZone98

DangerZone98

Dec 7, 2019
    I wanted to get the warrior too man, but sadly my local knife seller doesn’t offer it anymore. Should’ve picked it up last year, lmao.

6. upnorth

upnorth Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Smatchet or Fur Trade Dag. The small one is light, and the big one is down right spooky. Cold Steel always did stuff like this well :thumbsup: The Indians up here used to kill each other with blades extremely similar to these, a couple hundred years ago.

7. DangerZone98

DangerZone98

Dec 7, 2019
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. crustymarks44

crustymarks44

Jan 14, 2021
    Where duh mods at