1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

shipping in transit times..........

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by SIFU1A, Dec 19, 2004.

1. SIFU1A

SIFU1A

May 12, 2001
    am doing a swap, shipped my stuff priority monday 13 dec and still hasnt arrived (as of sat) i presume USPS is slow due to holidays, anyone else experiencing slow shipping via USPS, i presume its way to early to get worried...........havent ever had it take this long before, someone please reassure me lol.

thanks

greg

2. Doug Selsor

Doug Selsor

Mar 5, 2001
    In my experience, USPS Priority Mail typically takes about two days. However, twice I've had it take two weeks, and once it took almost 3 weeks. I wouldn't worry just yet. I received an email notice from a guy that used Click-n-Ship on Monday, and still haven't received that package.

Doug

3. u812

u812 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 15, 2002
    I sold a copy of the Spyderco story on Ebay a couple weeks ago,it took almost 2 weeks to get there and then the delivery confirmation was not scaned.The only way I knew it arrived was by getting feedback from the other guy on ebay.
    Check it out,its still not showing delivery.
    0304 1560 0001 2759 3802

4. T Schloz

T Schloz

Oct 3, 2001
    I am experiencing slow mail service at this time also. I have been waiting 5 days for a letter mailed in the same state that I reside in.

Tom

5. JD Mandrell

JD Mandrell

Apr 20, 2001
    Ditto , I have had some ebay purchases take about 2-3 days longer than normal in the last 3 weeks.

6. Larry B.

Larry B.

Sep 26, 2004
    Do you have the tracking numbers? I always track my packages and know exactly when to expect them.
    Larry

7. TOMBSTONE

TOMBSTONE Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 1998
    Ya,I just had a priority package take a week from NY to FL.

8. Nakano 2

Nakano 2

Jan 1, 1999
    Sometimes it is geographical. I sent 2 packages out via USPS Priority on Monday the 13th. One got to Arkansas in 2 days. The other is still "floating" en route to WV. :(

N2

9. Larry B.

Larry B.

Sep 26, 2004
    I find UPS more reliable.

10. Doug Selsor

Doug Selsor

Mar 5, 2001

The problem is the USPS guys don't always bother to scan the packages. I've had a number of items I've purchased delivery confirmation for that have never shown up in the system.

Doug

11. dfarmerknives

dfarmerknives

Aug 7, 2004
    Not only has USPS been slow, but regular mail has been slow. I guess this is going to be a busy postal season. Don't forget to appreciation for you postal carrier. David

12. Marty Jones

Marty Jones

Sep 27, 2004
    I have found UPS bad about leaving the package out side the door, whether anyone is home or not. :grumpy: :grumpy: :mad:

13. Larry B.

Larry B.

Sep 26, 2004
    You have an option with that if you want somebody to sign for it. All you have to do is take out extra ins.

14. Mellow Chaos

Mellow Chaos

Feb 2, 2002
    FedEx Ground

15. glockman99

glockman99 Super Moderator Super Mod

Jun 12, 2000
    USPS Priority Mail might be slower than normal (due to this "time of the year"), but I'll still use USPS Priority Mail over the others. (I'm waitin' on a [knife] package that was sent to me yesterday from Virgina.:).).

16. Larry B.

Larry B.

Sep 26, 2004
    I feel more comfortable sending knives with UPS or Fed Ex than Priority mail.
    Larry

17. SIFU1A

SIFU1A

May 12, 2001

i dont, have sent dozens thru USPS priority and RARELY hasd it taken more than 3 days, they dont have a reliable system to check the packages location i'll admit that, but usually they are 100% the equal of UPS/fedex/etc. the only reason i'm even worrying now is the other party seems to be getting worried.

thanks for all the info guys, i'm sure it'll arrive (early??) next week, i am now 'reassured' lol. now my part of the swap will arrive around new years probably.........

greg

18. Larry B.

Larry B.

Sep 26, 2004
    What I ment was I don't like sending knives by government mail. I don't think it's a good idea, especially in N.Y.
    Larry

19. SIFU1A

SIFU1A

May 12, 2001
    lol, oh ok, i get it,

the knives did arrive mon took 1 week FWIW

alls well that ends well (well, i havent gotten my stuff yet though........)

20. glockman99

glockman99 Super Moderator Super Mod

Jun 12, 2000
    Today, I received the knife that was mailed to me from Virgina on the 18th, so 2 days isn't all that bad. He also today received the knife that I sent to him from here in WA state to Virgina on the 17th, so even 3 days across country isn't too bad...Both were sent via USPS Priority Mail.