Shop Vac - I have a confession to make

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by David Mary, Sep 18, 2020.

1. David Mary

David Mary KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 23, 2015
    When I need to blow my nose out in the shop, I do it into my shop vac. :confused: That is all.

Richard Coyle likes this.
  2. ONeill

ONeill KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 15, 2007
    what about when you have to pee ?

Terry M., BD_01 and bikerector like this.
  3. David Mary

David Mary KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 23, 2015
    Haven't installed a shop urinal yet. That will be after I have bought a house and set up shop there.

4. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Cups work for guys.....

Why on earth would you blow your nose into a shop vac? If so, I hope you rinse it out from time to time.

5. David Mary

Jul 23, 2015
    Lol my nose or my shop vac?

Boombats and 22-rimfire like this.
  6. David Mary

Jul 23, 2015
    Don't knock it 'til you try it. ;)

7. Boombats

Boombats Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Hopefully it's a wet/dry unit.

8. David Mary

Jul 23, 2015
    In case it needs to be stated explicit: I go inside and to the bathroom.

9. ONeill

ONeill KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 15, 2007
    I like the back yard but I have no neighbors .

David Mary likes this.
  10. David Mary

Jul 23, 2015
    The bathroom is closer for me. And I have neighbours.

11. HopalongCassidy

HopalongCassidy

Sep 22, 2019
    I’v got a couple uses for a shop vac that may not be apparent.
    I had a tree go down that took out my main water line during a downpour. When I drug out the tree I was left with a huge hole full of water, that was continually filling up with rain water.
    I got my big shop vac out, stuck the vac hose in the hole, opened up the drain plug and used it like a siphon pump. Water sucked out of hole, into container and right out drain.
    Also, if you have to dig fence posts in sand, where the sides of hole are caving in, use shop vac to keep sand out. You may need a long cord or generator.

David Mary likes this.
  12. David Mary

Jul 23, 2015
    Shop vacs are definitely fantastic and versatile tools. I don't usually have occasion to use mine except in the more orthodox ways.

By the way, those must have been some powerful drugs to disintegrate your whole tree! Think of how tired you would be if that weren't the case and you dragged it out of there instead.

13. HopalongCassidy

HopalongCassidy

Sep 22, 2019
    Ouch.

David Mary likes this.
  14. David Mary

Jul 23, 2015
    Shoot, I forgot to include an emoji in there to signal playful banter. :oops:

15. HopalongCassidy

HopalongCassidy

Sep 22, 2019
    I'm good , bro. I can take a joke, especially when my inner redneck comes out.

David Mary likes this.