1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Show Us Your Traditional Customs!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by TattooBlade, Jun 21, 2018.

1. dispatch184

dispatch184 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2015
    I love the blade profile on this one, what a cool knife!

The best thing about Lloyd's in my opinion is the amazing variety of materials.. blades.. sizes.. that he crafts. Your bottom picture alone is incredible

See what I mean about Lloyds? Yours are really nice =) And Andy Fannin just nails zulus. I love his work

I love that cross shield, so beautiful!

Amazing jigging on that treasure Charlie =)

AJF likes this.
  2. dispatch184

Mar 9, 2015
    4 that I have not posted yet

Dr. T Dino in mammoth. When I bought this from the dealer I knew it would be great cause Dr. T puts out an excellent product.. but his pictures did not do the mammoth justice. In hand in natural light this thing shines like something from a Tolkien novel..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My very first custom from Willem at K'roo knives, warthog tusk ivory
    [​IMG]

Little 3 inch copper scaled from La Combre
    [​IMG]

And my newest... I have resisted micarta in favor of natural scales for years... but you all have been wearing me down across the threads on BF so I grabbed this off the exchange a couple days ago and so glad I did.
    Wiseman sowbelly in od green. 3.5 inch closed, perfection in the fit and finish department. Smooth as butter.

[​IMG]

3. Signalprick

Signalprick Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Awesome quartet there Drew! If I'd have had the money at the time I would have been all over the Wiseman. Nice score there! The Dr. T is mesmerizing for sure!

Laurelbb likes this.
  4. Pkt_Rkt

Pkt_Rkt

May 21, 2018
    Ray Cover Sr. Trapper.
    IMG_20180807_062741356-816x612.jpg

navaja, Duckdog, Lostball and 6 others like this.
  5. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    A bowie by Stuart Branson.

[​IMG]

Duckdog, Lostball, ccsavage and 3 others like this.
  6. dispatch184

Mar 9, 2015
    Thank you very much!

7. FSUwelder1212

FSUwelder1212

Feb 12, 2018
    Man that dr t has some incredible mammoth, I eyeballed that on the dealers site for quite a while.

8. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Four for Four Drew. That's a grand slam. Each one is deserving of special mention. But @Signalprick is right, there's something about that Wiseman.

9. tiguy7

tiguy7 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2008
    886E716F-FE5C-49F8-847E-ADE559FEACB7.jpeg E6EC384C-1EC3-4480-827A-0F6300E637D0.jpeg This SAK custom Waiter has an added saw blade and a skeletonized Ti handle.

Fodderwing, navaja, Sam Dean and 4 others like this.
  10. dispatch184

Mar 9, 2015
    Thank you! I feel very lucky to own it =)

Very kind of you =) Its been in my pocket since I got it. Really ending up liking the micarta... however shortly after I posted I dropped it! On hard surface and put a decent chip/scuff up by the pivot... was so mad at myself. I guess on one hand it makes it easy for me to consider it a user now... which is great... but with Micarta not sure if I need to worry about it getting worse and peeling?
    [​IMG]

tmd_87 likes this.
  11. Signalprick

Signalprick Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Ouch! It definitely shouldn't chip or peel. If it's too bad it could be lightly sanded with high grit paper to kinda smooth it out. It'll make a great user for sure now!

dispatch184 and tmd_87 like this.
  12. joeradza

Feb 6, 2014
    The only custom I had made specifically for me. It means a lot. 20180807_201940-01.jpeg

13. dispatch184

Mar 9, 2015
    I was wondering about the sand paper option, thank you

That knife is special, the sea shell shield representing where you live is really cool too

joeradza likes this.
  14. L.H.S

L.H.S Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2013
    Jeffery Mitchell Spear Point in Silver Twill carbon fiber and Damasteel Vinland stainless damascus with black g10 liners

Custom one off for me based on my description and materials choice.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

navaja, Duckdog, Lostball and 12 others like this.
  15. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
  16. bonzodog

bonzodog Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 3, 2011
    9660E0AA-D144-4709-AB9E-B4D906100540.jpeg

ccsavage, navaja, PaulS. and 11 others like this.
  17. glennbad

glennbad Knife Moddin' Fool Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 13, 2003
    Menefee does make a fine knife...

Menefee4.jpg

ccsavage, navaja, PaulS. and 9 others like this.
  18. Goose 7279

Goose 7279

Jul 22, 2015
  19. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    779F15D5-1039-468F-AD16-F2153255881A.jpeg
    My only custom. Lannier Spring Heeled Jack with El Greco’s View of Toledo. I’m surprised more makers don’t do art knives with resins or acrylics. Rare covers are beautiful (like that cross cut mammoth!) but newer materials are so versatile. Have y’all seen the knives with watch parts imbedded in resin (Tom Fleury was the first to do so, I think)? Combining knives and other hobbies in one is great, in my opinion.

ccsavage, Duckdog, Lostball and 3 others like this.
  20. joeradza

Feb 6, 2014