1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Show your first blade if you still have it!

Discussion in 'Hammer & Tongs' started by ERRN, Dec 28, 2016.

1. ERRN

ERRN Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 29, 2015
    My parents came to town for the Christmas and my mother said she found some knives I had made in a box somewhere. She pulled them out and I couldn't believe it. They were the first two knives I made probably 25 years ago. I love seeing people's first knives because it reminds me of mine and how far I have come, with exception of some folks who make incredible blades on their first go. I think it also shortens the learning curve for other newbies when they can see mistakes and design problems others made. So here are mine...two train wrecks, but they still make me feel nostalgic. I remember spending hours in the garage working away on these. I was so proud lol. One is tool steel of some kind with a walnut handle. The other is a cherry handled dagger made from a hinge I cut off my dads pickup truck tailgate. I finally admitted to that to him this weekend.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith

Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith ilmarinen - MODERATOR Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 20, 2004
    One reason you haven't got a lot of traffic on this thread is it has been done many times.
    I'll put a shot of my first knife here to get things going.

Attached Files:

3. k5MOW

k5MOW

Nov 29, 2014
    I wish I still had my first pocketknife. It would've been given to me about 50 years ago.

4. Flat Rock Forge

Flat Rock Forge

Feb 7, 2016