1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Show your "personals"

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by Charlie Mike, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Charlie Mike

Charlie Mike Sober since 1-7-14 (still a Paranoid Nutjob) Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 1, 2000
    I made these with Treeman scales for consistency in grip and draw. Both were sent to Peter's for a true deep cryo. Comparable blade lengths, profiles, and thickness.

The lighter one is hollow ground Elmax and the black one is flat ground V4E.

2018-08-30 15.21.55.jpg 2018-08-30 15.22.35.jpg 2018-08-30 15.24.31.jpg

2. junglefighter

junglefighter

Aug 13, 2008
    When I watched the video you made on the new personal, I had to do a double take to look again.. It looked like the top part of the blade was offset to the grips and gave the blade an upward slant. I compared it to your original favorite video and guess my eyes were playing tricks on me.. Some sneaky wabbit stuff????

Charlie Mike likes this.
  3. Charlie Mike

Charlie Mike Sober since 1-7-14 (still a Paranoid Nutjob) Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 1, 2000
    Oh, there's definitely an offset. The Elmax bar stock wasn't wide enough to accommodate the double guard if it was kept in-line. The offset actually helps for slashing though... So all good.

Lapedog likes this.
  4. junglefighter

junglefighter

Aug 13, 2008
    That's good to know, I thought my eyes were needing assistance

Charlie Mike likes this.
  5. Lapedog

Lapedog

Dec 7, 2016
    Do these have sharpened swedges?

Charlie Mike likes this.
  6. Charlie Mike

Nov 1, 2000
    Yes! :D

Lapedog likes this.
  7. Lapedog

Lapedog

Dec 7, 2016
    You’re a good man.

Charlie Mike likes this.
  8. Charlie Mike

Nov 1, 2000
    PS... Those are handcuff keys glued to the kydex.

Beanman13, FOG2 and gotgoat like this.
  9. john april

john april KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 27, 2006
    they look ready for duty :) why the keys ? escape and evasion ? :cool:

Dawkind and Charlie Mike like this.
  10. Charlie Mike

Nov 1, 2000
    Yup. I always carry a layered and distributed E&E kit.

Dawkind likes this.
  11. mb>

mb> Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2014
    I like the finish on that lighter one CM. Reminded me of this Mustang I saw...

[​IMG]

Charlie Mike likes this.