1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

SITREP - AEB-L Tactical Utility Knife collaboration

Discussion in 'For Sale: Fixed Blades' started by David Mary, Sep 25, 2020.

1. David Mary

David Mary Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 23, 2015
    Posting here in partnership with Chad, aka @bikerector of Good Knife Co. Chad and I collaborated to design a run of large AEB-L tactical utility knives. In addition to design collaboration and insight, Chad provided the resources and materials for the run, including hiring Jarod Todd to plasma cut and expertly heat treat the blanks, and me to grind, handle and sheath them.

The handles are hand filling, very comfortable, and secure in the hand. They are also skeletonized, making these much more nimble than a knife this size their might otherwise be thought to be. The blades are slicey, but stout and strong. The points are capable at piercing without giving up much if any strength for all but the most ridiculously non-knife oriented prying tasks. The spine is sharp enough for ferro striking or fuzz sticking, except the last portion towards the tip where it is radiused to aid in penetration, and also for comfort in thumb driven carving tasks. The striker pommel will make quick work of any impromptu smashing that needs to be done, with room to spare for all but the most gargantuan hands.

We currently have three available in this configuration, plus one with with nickel pins. There will be more configurations released in the future.

Specs:

Steel: AEB-L
    Hardness: RC 61
    Stock Thickness: .162"

Overall Length: 12"
    Cutting Edge: 6 1/2"

Grind: High convex

Weight: 11.5 oz

Handle: Camo G10 over black paper micarta liners

Sheath: Black Kydex

Price: $200

Payment is via PayPal G&S to the email address specified by @bikerector, so be sure to tag him in your post. First "I'll take one" gets priority, subject to Chad's final discretion. Please specify if you're taking one with black pins or the one with nickel pins.

Thank you for looking!

IMG_8182.JPG
    IMG_8183.JPG
    IMG_8184.JPG
    IMG_8185.JPG
    IMG_8186.JPG
    IMG_8186b.JPG
    IMG_8190.JPG
    IMG_8191.JPG

2. Juicytarget

Juicytarget

Mar 4, 2018
    Hi David, I realy like your knives and I'd like to give you an advice, I am sorry if this is out of place.
    You should find a better support for taking pics of your blades, yours doesn't realy make them justice (because of the light essentially).
    I personally believe, though it has nothing to do with the knives quality, that it would be an extra value.
    I hope you won't take my comment badly, looking forward to your other blades :)

jideta likes this.
  3. Sixgun007

Sixgun007

Mar 1, 2017
    I take it the pummel is integral and not threaded or pinned, it is hard to tell from the pics. Great blade profile. Not a fan of the camo g10, but would be interested in other handle options.

David Mary likes this.
  4. bikerector

bikerector KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 16, 2016
    Correct on the pommel, it's an exposed tang and one solid piece of steel.

Our other handle options are in this thread in the table of the 1st post, they just aren't finish yet. Most of the rest should be finished in about a week or so except for the custom blade profile ones: https://bladeforums.com/threads/sitrep-a-collaboration-with-david-mary-reservations.1746024/

woodysone likes this.