1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Benchmade 535 Bugout, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 16 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

Six blems and bargain for 4/16

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Yangdu, Apr 16, 2019.

1. davidf99

davidf99 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 27, 2011
    ndog said: "I remember only two that were 17.5". Gehazi had one and I forget who got the other...."

You must be referring to this one by Kumar: 17.5" OAL, 15.5 oz, with a gray horn handle. According to my records, I got it in November 2015.

RetiKnife17.5in-Kumar15.5oz-GrayHorn-for-dave-01.jpg

2. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    All this Reti talk inspired me to put antler mine. Working on getting the horn off now.
    Those things are really on there but I'm gaining on it.

3. Forsaken82

Forsaken82 Basic Member Basic Member

May 17, 2018
    Man that yek is still here...

EricTheRedBeard likes this.
  4. Bookie

Bookie Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2014

Danyen, the last time you sent me surprise, I had to fight the two dogs off as they like Kibbles & Bits better than I do, the little beggars. Make sure I have to sign for it, too, because if they git it afore I do, ain't nothin' gonna be left fer th' ol' man.

5. ndoghouse

ndoghouse Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Ha! Uh ...well it might smell pretty good to them but i doubt they would chew on it very long! I guess it depends on which end they chew on:D

6. ndoghouse

Aug 26, 2010
    Eric. I guess Aunti contacted you and updated you on your Dhankute? Soon as I get it ill send it off your way.

7. EricTheRedBeard

EricTheRedBeard Basic Member Basic Member

May 17, 2018
    Thanks Mr. Dog
    I can't believe it is still there either. Such a beauty. I'm a sucker for a satin blade too. Especially one with a fuller... made by Ram Kumar... with white metal fittings... and matching chape... Sigh, it just wasn't meant to be for me. It'll find a good home, I'm sure.

8. Mark McKenzie

Mark McKenzie

Dec 13, 2018
    Ems on Yek Chirra...

9. ndoghouse

Aug 26, 2010
    Well there it goes! Grats Mark. Thats a beauty. Love the handle shape!

Yep! I forgot about the grey handle. I really like the grey horn!

10. Mark McKenzie

Mark McKenzie

Dec 13, 2018
    Eric did a great job of selling it in his post before mine!! I’m looking forward to checking it out!

11. Forsaken82

Forsaken82 Basic Member Basic Member

May 17, 2018
    I had told myself if it was still here at midnight it was supposed to be mine. Glad and sad to see it sold!

12. Mark McKenzie

Mark McKenzie

Dec 13, 2018
    I guess I missed out on it too. Said it was long gone....darn.

13. ndoghouse

Aug 26, 2010
    Hey Eric TRB! I got your Dhankute today and decided to keep it! Ha! Just kidding:D. If I'd've known it was that sweet I might have been inclined to EMS it too. I had to unwrap it and look at it before i packed it up just to make sure it was the right knife. I wrapped it up with more bubbles and will send it your way tomorrow. Man that knife is prettier than the picture I have to say! The sheath is well. ...Ill let you tell a bout it....since its yours but grats on this one! I couldnt email ya so sorry I had to write ya public. They used to give you an email option if your nonpaying member but I dont see that now?
    update: On the way Eric. Should have it before weekend.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  14. EricTheRedBeard

May 17, 2018
    Bummer. There are sharks in these waters. That one was pretty sweet!

I love those little ones all decked out in horn. I've bought about 5 of them for my little nieces. This one is for my daughter. I told her I was going to give her my big Dhankute but she asked for a little one in her size. Seems like it will fit nicely in a purse. Pretty too. Glad you like it. My email is [email protected] if you ever want message me. Since now you have my mailing address too you can send me your big Reti when it needs a babysitter;)

15. EricTheRedBeard

May 17, 2018
    I got it. It is such a nice one. Thanks for sending it!

16. maverick3981

maverick3981

Jun 26, 2009
    Possible to send Dhankute to India?