1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

SixFeetDeep--no more internet service at home

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by sixfeetdeep, Oct 10, 2004.

1. sixfeetdeep

sixfeetdeep

Feb 1, 2004
    Hey to all who try to get a hold of me..........

My darling wife :mad: has desided to get rid of the internet service at home. She doesn't like how much it costs (though I pay the bill!) & she thinks I spend too much time on there & so it has to go.
    This is a real pain in the butt because I will only be able to use the one at work. Now my reponse times in getting back to you all will be very slow.
    If we can do some kind of a deal in the future, I would have to do payments of Postal Money orders only as I can't take Pay-Pal anymore :(

I am sorry this has to happen, but I have to do what I have to do to keep my wife happy :grumpy: ---Or should I just :footinmou

Mr. Mod, sorry if this isn't the proper place to post this......

2. TOMBSTONE

TOMBSTONE Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 1998
    I'm sorry to hear your being "unplugged" Considering the actual cost for internet access,the request seems abit unreasonable.I'd be willing to bet the cost was just an excuse for another reason,but I guess ya gotta do what ya gotta do.Take Care bud.

3. akee

akee

Aug 25, 2004
    Anything to do with internet Chat Room and Cyber "S!X"?? :D I feel for you. Now you are going suffer from knives withdrawal.
    kee :D

4. glockman99

glockman99 Super Moderator Super Mod

Jun 12, 2000
    sixfeetdeep,

How about using one of the free dial-ups?...They might be pretty slow, but its' better than nothing.

5. sixfeetdeep

sixfeetdeep

Feb 1, 2004
    Thanks guys :) for your comments.

I am convinced that she has just gone nuts! ;)

I can at least use the computer at work, but since I am out of the office Monday's through Wednesdays, it'll be tuff.

Knife withdrawl, E-Bay witrhdrawl....this is going to be really hard :grumpy:

6. Doug Selsor

Doug Selsor

Mar 5, 2001
    Can't you just say, "I'm sorry dear, but that's just unacceptable." That's what my wife and I say to each other when one of us has proposed something that's just plain silly.

Doug

7. Walking Man

Walking Man Banned BANNED

May 28, 2003
    What???!?!???
    I have save SO much money buying things off of the internet,
    it would be foolish for me to cancel.
    Can't you argue that?
    ie, this week.... eBay, henkel's bread knife, $25,
    retail cost..... $60+
    For Goodness sake, at least get a dial up connection!!!!

8. Daniel Moore

Daniel Moore

Jul 28, 2003
    My dad solves marital disputes with the back of his hand :confused:

Just kidding :p

If I were you, I would wage war! Find something that she enjoys that she spends a lot of time on and costs money (which she pays for) and have her stop doing it. Don't go quietly! :D

9. Esav Benyamin

Esav Benyamin MidniteSuperMod

Apr 6, 2000
    www.juno.com/ has a free email and free ISP ... slow and choked by ads, but ...

10. DeathDancer

DeathDancer

Dec 20, 2000
    Man-oh-man, I was just starting to enjoy your sign off"...on my never ending quest for finding the perfect EDC.." I too spend much too much money in faint hope!

JUNO just decided to use their Webmail website for all the free users, starting in December. If you want to get your email on your computer, it will now cost a base price of $0.83 a month/$$9.96 a year. And the Webmail website only alows a maximum of 2mb storage, with a concurent size limitation on attachments.

While I agree not to go gently into that good night, maybe something can be done later without creating major disharmony.

From my point of view, your reputation allows for a little bit of "creative" business.

Keep in touch on the Forums. :D

11. jerrinfla

jerrinfla

Mar 2, 2002
    100 mb of storage space.....you still would need some kind of internet access (work?), but you would even be able to link your paypal account to it and keep that as well.

12. Ken C.

Ken C. Jack of all trades, master of none. Staff Member Super Mod

Jun 14, 2000
    Sounds like someone just handed over his nuts. :rolleyes: :)

Seriously, it sounds like something bigger is at issue with her. Better sit down and talk to her before she tells you your knives have to go.

13. fulloflead

fulloflead

May 3, 2002
    I have two words for you. I can't say them on the forum, but the first begins with "P" and the second begins with "W". :D ;)

Whhhaaaapisssshhhhhh!

14. VultureParade

VultureParade

Apr 25, 2003
    Adam, if you need any help doing deals or anything just let me know. I can be the middle man and handle the sale for you. My cell phone has free long distance so we can talk and work things out if you would like. Just let me know if I can do anything to help.

-Bryan

15. David1967

David1967

May 10, 1999
  16. sixfeetdeep

sixfeetdeep

Feb 1, 2004
    Well, for a change, it isn't off yet.......but she is still threatening it to be off today.

She still thinks that I spend too much time on here & spend too much. I am in the process of talking things out to maybe keep it for a while....but we'll see what happens.

Thank you guys for all the info.

K.V. Collucci: Yeah, that happened once I said "I do" :D

17. Daniel Moore

Daniel Moore

Jul 28, 2003
    Happy birthday, Sixfeet :D

18. sixfeetdeep

sixfeetdeep

Feb 1, 2004
    Cool man, thank you very much! Not many people knew about it :)