1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

small skinner in 01

Discussion in 'Hammer & Tongs' started by timos-, Sep 20, 2013.

1. timos-

timos- KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 22, 2012
    [​IMG]

I am a bit excited about this one. I wanted to even up the grinds a bit more and thin it out so I used a fresh blaze 80 grit @3450rpms AFter the heat treat (Peters to rc 60). Deep scratches now even after grinding up to 400 grit. Im just gonna hand sand em out ..the blade looks tons better with marks along the length anyway. The handle is some fossil walrus cheek i got for a low price i think. The stuff feels awesome. Its so smooth and got a really nice grippy tackiness to it. I used .015 thick black g10 spacers too. Now I am thinking of knocking out the sharp (sort of) plunge lines and going for a smooth transition from edge right into the handle.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  2. BallewBlade

BallewBlade

Oct 10, 2011
    Great job looks great.