1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 33 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Boker Urban Trapper 732 , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Smoke Needed for Cuz....

Discussion in 'H.I. Cantina' started by Yvsa, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Lion's Roar

Lion's Roar

Apr 11, 2004
    Siyo Edutsi. Dohistu?

Smoke from Georgia.

Dawi

2. KRBurke

KRBurke

Nov 3, 2009
    Prayers from this corner, brother. All the best to your cousin and yourself.

Kev

3. texalp

texalp

Sep 7, 2001
    Smoke and prayers for Suzy. Al

4. Yvsa

Yvsa

May 18, 1999
    Thanks ever so much gang!!!!:thumbup: The good news is Suzy got to come home today..... :cool: :D
    The bad news is that Suzy has Small Cell Carcinoma..... :(
    What gets so much of the family is that Sue is okay with it and says, "It's okay because I didn't want to live to be an 80 year old woman anyway."

This is the prognosis that's on Wikipedia for Small Cell Carcinoma but like most things having to do with cancer it's just a guide as the doctors can only make their best guess as to how long someone is going to live.....
    Prognosis

In limited stage disease, median survival with treatment is 14-20 months, and about 20% of patients with limited stage small cell lung carcinoma live 5 years or longer. The prognosis is far worse in extensive stage small cell lung carcinoma, with treatment, median survival is just 8-13 months, and only 1-5% of patients with extensive stage small cell lung carcinoma treated with chemotherapy live 5 years or longer.

At this point in time I'm simply going to love Sue as I always have and not blame her for smoking herself to death. I'm just praying she doesn't pick up the cigarettes and continue to smoke but that's up to her as well.

It's bad enough that I just got news that an old friend walked west about 1:50 a.m. this morning. Marylou and I first became good friends when she operated one of my machines for me.
    Marylou was single and met Reuben about a year after I first met her and after a brief romance they were married, this was around 1976 - 1977 IIRC and they have had a long and happy marriage. I'm really going to miss Reuben and I have a suspicion that Marylou won't last much longer. She lives in a small town in Montana and they have few friends and no family anywhere close by. I pray that I'm wrong..... :(

5. Moff8

Moff8

Apr 14, 2004
    thoughts and best wishes for your cousin.

6. Esav Benyamin

Esav Benyamin MidniteSuperMod

Apr 6, 2000
    the end is never what we see
    but just a different way to be

time goes by with one last chance
    for tired spirits once again to dance

we pray for all who've gone ahead
    to meet us there when we are dead

7. mohd

mohd

Jun 3, 1999
    Smoke from Kuala Lumpur for Suzy and also for you Yvsa!

mohd.

8. Bufford

Bufford Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2006
    Sending smoke up from the boreal forest. Cancer is an awful scourge.