So what is next after the Trubulence?

Discussion in 'Galyean Pro Series Knives' started by colubrid, Jul 31, 2010.

1. jimmer_5

jimmer_5

Jan 25, 2007

Tim -

Any news on this one? I saw a new prototype on a dealer website that seemed supiciously close to this description (the dealer said they picked it up at the USN Gathering 2010). It also looked suspiciously awesome, so I am really hoping this is the one!

- Jim

2. SSonnentag

SSonnentag Stay Sharp! Platinum Member

Feb 25, 2009
    I saw that too, and had similar thoughts. :)

3. MadBaxter

MadBaxter

Sep 11, 2010
    Cant wait :d :d :d

4. Tony8179

Tony8179

Feb 20, 2008
    Alright guys, I've been searching and haven't found this dealer site. I need someone to give me a shout so I can see what might be coming up. Thanks.

5. RNST

RNST

Mar 23, 2006
    I handled the proto and spoke to Tim @ G2.

You guys are gonna love the new one (like the others weren't lovable too :D)!

The one on the dealers website is the one ;)

6. Tony8179

Tony8179

Feb 20, 2008
    That is pretty damn awesome to hear. Thanks guys for the PM and emails about where I could find the prototype. It looks really good and I hope that the scales stay nice and smooth like the prototype. It appears as though it's going to be an excellent EDC. Oh man, I can't wait. :thumbup:

7. gottahaveit27

gottahaveit27

Aug 31, 2008
    Can someone please PM me the link to the pic of the new proto? Thanks!

8. McCool009

McCool009

Mar 23, 2008
    I'd like to see too! Please?

Edit - Heh, I found it, never mind.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  9. moonlight

moonlight

Sep 13, 2005
    Hope Mr Uckman won't be mad about this pic stolen, but I guess that proto will be the next pro serie to come...

[​IMG]

courtesy from ebosshoss website

10. RNST

RNST

Mar 23, 2006
    Sweet huh?

Proto was a great knife to handle and opened so smooth too.

11. jonnymac44

jonnymac44

Sep 27, 2007
    WOW! Proto looks sweet:thumbup::thumbup:

12. T.K.C.

T.K.C.

May 7, 2005
    Ya!!!! :O)

13. LorenzoL

LorenzoL

Mar 9, 2009
    Tim, will the blade be hand-ground?

14. mindsmirror

mindsmirror

Mar 10, 2010
    WOW, that is an awesome design. The pivot looks like it's bigger than the one on the Turbulence, which is always a welcome feature on a folding knife of that size in my opinion. This looks like a more angular version of the Turbulence handle with less sweeping curves, combined with a Lahar shaped clip point blade. It's a very nasty and yet highly elegant looking knife. Tim seems to know how to get all of the angles to flow together properly on his designs. I hope to be able to obtain one of these new knives, although I'm honestly still trying to obtain a Turbulence. Now I need to decide if I should just wait for this new design to come out and not bother with the Turbulence right now. I really think the Turbulence is a wonderful design though, so this makes things that much more difficult. Why do all the good knife makers have to keep coming out with these awesome new designs?! I want them all!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  15. Tony8179

Tony8179

Feb 20, 2008
    Hey Tim, I don't know if you've been around lately, but I was just wondering if you could confirm that the name for the newest model will be the Drone and maybe a ballpark timeframe of when they will be released? Thanks.

16. Thomas W

Thomas W Banned by Moderators Banned

Oct 11, 2005
    Can't help you on the delivery date Tony, but can confirm the name Drone. This will be the production version of it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Tony8179

Tony8179

Feb 20, 2008
    Nice! I like that very much. Any more info Thomas? Is that a Speedsafe marking I see? Steel type perhaps.

18. izzy1980

izzy1980

Jan 9, 2009
    damn that production piece looks niiiiiiiice! of course so does the proto, but i should be able to afford the still very awesome kershaw version. :cool: thanks for the pics, thomas! :D

19. boobar

boobar Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 25, 2002
    Any updates on the new Pro Series knife yet? :D