1. Washington action alert - Spring blade knife ban repeal thread. Hearing is Tues, Vote is Friday, let your voice be heard!

Sog S1 Seki

Discussion in 'SOG Specialty Knives' started by d762nato, Sep 24, 2019.

1. d762nato

d762nato Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Just curious as to if a few members have one or have used one very much. It has Vietnam 5th Special Forces group on the right side of the blade and Seki Japan on the other side at the hilt. It seems very well made and it quite thick but tapers nicely and is well balanced.

[​IMG]

2. KenHash

KenHash Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    V-1 likes this.
  3. d762nato

Dec 16, 2009
    That's a great read Ken, and the makers sure made some beautiful blades. I wouldn't mine a recon bowie alsol they look nice but their up there as well. There are awesome blades for sure on that website, and Thanks for the link and info much appreciated.

Doug

4. KenHash

KenHash Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    I posted this pic of my Seki SOG knives several years ago.
    [​IMG]

V-1, Marko3, microbe and 1 other person like this.
  5. d762nato

Dec 16, 2009
    Dam! Those sure are some beauties, Congrats very nice Vintage Seki Sog's. Thanks for the pics also.

6. justjed

justjed

Oct 23, 2010
    While the S-1 is not the best kitchen knife, I have used mine a couple of times to slice up steak for fajitas, and to cut some veggies. And it sees occasional outdoor carry and use. I'm not a collector, I'm a knife user, and everything gets used for something occasionally. The S-1 is one of my favorite using knives. There's something about the horrified look on the face of a true collector when they see it in the field...

d762nato likes this.