1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Some SAK love

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by onojoe, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Rayray70

Rayray70

Jan 2, 2019
    [​IMG]
    Love my SAKs. Put titanium plus scales on this camper.

WolfyW, Bloefield, R.c.s and 10 others like this.
  2. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Very nice and meaningful post Buzz. I always appreciate your attention to detail in a knife and in context thereof. Sweet and very cool. Cheers, and here's to retirement in a few years.

Gevonovich, Buzzbait and Rayray70 like this.
  3. 353

353 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2015
    What is the plastic insert in the wine opener good for?

4. Rayray70

Rayray70

Jan 2, 2019
    It's a mini flathead screwdriver.

Frailer and 353 like this.
  5. Rayray70

Rayray70

Jan 2, 2019
    [​IMG]
    Three Spartans, one Camper, one Ranger and two Classics. I gave the blue one to my daughter and the translucent ruby Ranger to my son. I'm gonna put plus scales on one of the Spartans to give to my brother. He was impressed when he saw the ball point pen that fits into the plus scales. I "need" an alox to round off my collection. I'm sure my wife would agree:)

Bloefield, Grateful, R.c.s and 6 others like this.
  6. Filoso

Filoso Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 22, 2013
    [​IMG]

7. Pomsbz

Pomsbz

Jul 31, 2015
    [​IMG]

specgrade, Bloefield, Dschal and 8 others like this.
  8. R.c.s

R.c.s

Dec 23, 2013
    [​IMG]

specgrade, Bloefield, Dschal and 7 others like this.
  9. The Zieg

The Zieg

Jan 31, 2002
    Yeah, keep it. You'll be glad to have the spare or someone else will love it and you can gift it. Plus, they already gave you $5, right?

Zieg

10. The Zieg

The Zieg

Jan 31, 2002
    Same goes for my OHO Trekker, right? (Just confirming)

Zieg

11. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    *The best I can tell the Trekker has a backspring like a slip joint and a lock similar to a Russlock.
    *The hole is reminiscent of a Spyderco hole or a Scagel hole. I don't think we have a problem with the hole on this particular knife, since it is a slip joint and not an open frame knife like a Spyderco.
    *The lock is similar to what was used on older TL-29s and the Case Russlock. It's not quite a Walker liner lock.
    *I don't see a pocket clip, which is always a deal breaker.

I don't have a problem with this knife and if I saw it in the "What are you carrying today" thread, I wouldn't question it. Frank (@knarfeng ) might feel differently. Hope that helps.

redsparrow and The Zieg like this.
  12. biomed

biomed Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 30, 2015
    That's right. Already gave the knife to a friend..

The Zieg likes this.
  13. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Posted this pic in the "multi-tool" thread but, I like my small Tinker so much :eek:;) I though y'all wouldn't mind it being shown here as well, cuz... Vics Rule!:) I know they do, because whenever I perform that little mental excersize, "What knife would I keep if I could only have one.", I most often decide it would be a SAK.

[​IMG]

WolfyW, Bloefield, Dschal and 9 others like this.
  14. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    I don't believe I've shown any of these before, but I have the complete set of the Limited Edition Alox Cadets. The first one was the 2015, but because it's box and product number are slightly different from the subsequent four (2016 - 2019), I don't think they were planning a series, but they were popular enough that they did continue it. Their numbers and colors are:

2015 #0.2601.L15US2 Steel Blue
    2016 #0.2601.L16 Orchid
    2017 #0.2601.L17 Olive Green
    2018 #0.2601.L18 Berry Red
    2019 #0.2601.L19 Champagne Gold

[​IMG]

R.c.s, specgrade, jmh33 and 15 others like this.
  15. harronek

harronek

Nov 29, 2013
    Cadet today

[​IMG]

R.c.s, jmh33, JohnDF and 8 others like this.
  16. Buzzbait

Buzzbait Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 25, 2001
    A whole box of SAKs.

[​IMG]

This is my latest favorite, the “SwissTank”. A 1991 SwissChamp. Old glass magnifier with nylon housing. Long inline Phillips screwdriver. Case hardened file. Screw-together scissors. Thick tang main blade. I decked it out with olive green G-10 covers from Swiss Bianco, and hand sanded them down to the shape of old cellidor scales. Kind of military looking now, and pretty much completely DEET resistant for use in the Adirondacks. I’m all about the SwissChamp lately.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

mbkr, R.c.s, specgrade and 11 others like this.
  17. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
    When it was announced that Wenger was going to be absorbed by Victorinox, I made it a point to pick up a couple of their knives. Since they were discontinued, they got set aside and other SAKs were used as needed. Recently, I couldn't resist carrying this one any longer and discovered it's about as good as it gets for EDC. :thumbsup::thumbsup: The 3 layers are ultra comfortable to use in the 84mm length. Broad in hand for a good grip but in that length quite light in the pocket. Plus, they have scissors!! :cool:

Wenger EVO 16
    [​IMG]

mbkr, R.c.s, jmh33 and 7 others like this.
  18. waverave

waverave Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 7, 2018
    The Classic is my favorite...just added this one to the collection:
    SAK_Classic_Beaver.jpg

mbkr, R.c.s, specgrade and 9 others like this.
  19. WolfyW

WolfyW

Oct 28, 2017
    Nice SAKs, folks. I love all kinds of pocket knives. But much as I try I can't do without a SAK. The functionality.

[​IMG]

R.c.s, specgrade, jmh33 and 5 others like this.
  20. specgrade

specgrade Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2009
    R.c.s, jmh33, Dschal and 1 other person like this.