1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 33 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Boker Urban Trapper 732 , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Someone must have hit the Snark button on their alarm glock!

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by NJBillK, Feb 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigghoss

bigghoss

Jul 27, 2011
    I have an '84 K5. Love that rig, but a jeep would be nice.

+1

The weather I guess... :confused:

I've know at least three people with '95 Ford Explorers and every one of them was a POS. There's a reason they're nicknamed "explorers". And for some odd reason all Fords have noisy power steering pumps, or at least they did up through the 90's and early '00's. Now the first gen up to '94 when the front end was still boxy, you don't hear much bad about those and you could get them with a 5 speed if you wanted. Not sure why I've heard and seen so many negative reports about explorers but not so much from the Rangers they're based on, specifically the '95 model year.

2. worldwood

worldwood

Sep 30, 2012
    Yea they take some practice and i have never put in much time or effort... After making a mess a couple times i was happy to go back to a spinning reel.

However in deep water, if your just dropping straight down along side the boat... I'd prolly be ok with one lol.

And thanks bro... Prolly gunna have to let the boat pass this time though.... Id have to come up with 600... Really good deal but we just bought a new washing machine beginning of the month then just finished our new roof yesterday that cost 6400 and we planned a new fridge next month...

600 might as well be 6000 right now.

I'll save up and keep my eyes open for another deal!

3. GSO1962

GSO1962

Nov 16, 2013
    Oh my! Mega-quote post!

4. Jerry D.

Jerry D. Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Well played, WW. Well played indeed.

5. The Warrior

The Warrior Insane Viking Moderator

Mar 11, 2011
    I called about the Jeep a few minutes ago. They said it was in good condition body, and interior wise, but they had to order a part for the axle. He didn't know what exactly it was. Has a winch, so I'm guessing it was used to go 4 wheelin'. He said they had several hits about it online. Here she is. She's a looker:

[​IMG]

6. bigghoss

bigghoss

Jul 27, 2011
    Looks nice Dubz. Would be a good idea to have a mechanic inspect it just because it's a used vehicle but it sure looks promising.

7. The Warrior

The Warrior Insane Viking Moderator

Mar 11, 2011
    I wouldn't be able to go there until Saturday. It's a few hours drive away. I wish it were closer so I could take it to my mechanic.

8. spikebot587

spikebot587

Feb 8, 2013
    holy multi quote batman!

9. grogimus

grogimus KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 27, 2012
    Sanded all the way through a corby bolt. Whoops.

[​IMG]

Can't see it now though, hah!

[​IMG]

Might have to check out pinning the handles instead.

10. DunkEm

DunkEm Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Looks like you might have already permanently set it.

11. grogimus

grogimus KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 27, 2012
    Oh definitely, I just meant for other knives.

12. grogimus

Apr 27, 2012
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Bummer, I think the best shot of the knife is when the sheath covers it. Two more 1084 knives then it's time to switch.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  13. ac700wildcat

ac700wildcat

May 24, 2011
    Snark morning fellas. Day off today, so after I nap I'm gonna see about catching a few pike before Misti gets off work at 3. Gonna take her out to dinner for her birthday tonight and maybe catch a movie as well.

What's everyone up to today?

14. JTmisterknifeguy

JTmisterknifeguy

May 22, 2013
    Morning beckerdom!

15. DunkEm

DunkEm Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 9, 2013
    No day off here. I've got work, then some more work.

Next week though, I'm taking off.

16. Jerry D.

Jerry D. Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 17, 2008
    That sounds like a good day to me.

Today is my last day of work before a long weekend trip to TX. It has been dead all week, so naturally, today is the day that all hell is breaking loose. I'll put out what fires I can, delegate the others, and let the hyenas pick at the rest. Then I'll run home to fix a leaky toilet and pack for a trip..... I'm wanting a good IPA, so I may need to make a pit stop on the way home.

17. bigghoss

bigghoss

Jul 27, 2011
    Had a 90 minute death-by-powerpoint class after working a 13-hour shift. Bleh. Well at least it's over now. Until the next one...

18. crimsonfalcon07

crimsonfalcon07

Dec 27, 2010
    Feeling lazy today. Skipped my morning Krav Maga classes. Probably will laze about, read, and then do some house cleaning, then go to the evening class. Heck, I'm even too lazy to take pics of blades today.

19. Chameleonbear

Chameleonbear

Aug 14, 2008
    I'm still off work. Will be till Monday. Been catching up on Castle.

20. Chameleonbear

Chameleonbear

Aug 14, 2008
    Ken Schwartz just announced he is now making Nubatama stones for the KME sharpener. He also released a 0.025micron emulsion at 3.2million grit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.