1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Someone must have hit the Snark button on their alarm glock!

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by NJBillK, Feb 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBL

TBL

Dec 26, 2013
    Was one of those days. Woke up, turned off the alarm, rolled over, went back to sleep for two hours. Missed my morning workout.

2. NixKustoms

NixKustoms Sheath and Knife Maker

Dec 30, 2010
    Aww....:(

3. granitestateofmind

granitestateofmind Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 20, 2013
    Wow, slacker city for some of you today. I started a new position yesterday; first time in 15 years I will be working a 5 day work week - instead of the 4x12 hr. week I've been doing, so I could be home with the kids one mid-week day. It'll take some getting used to - Tuesday was my last mid-week day off and I spent it taking care of some car maintenance, breakfast/coffee with a friend and a lunch time workout. Maybe I will get myself motivated to get up for workouts now, as I've a later start - but earlier home, too. New boss is VERY organized and I like him, but....I am chronically DIS-organized and he's a bit of an AR guy. Hopefully I will not fu too badly. In other news, a very big box showed up today.....not that I needed another RBK. Too good to pass up. Might have to mod one of 'em.

4. spikebot587

spikebot587

Feb 8, 2013
    all i did was go to school...

in other news, i am going to a live stock judging contest with my FFA chapter tomorrow, not really sure how i'm going to do

5. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    beats attending a dead stock judging contest I suppose -- but not as tasty.

6. JTmisterknifeguy

JTmisterknifeguy

May 22, 2013
    Went to my pt childcare job, mother in law is visiting (I adore her) and the wife has a few days off of L&D, so it's nearly idyllic.

7. KingMC

KingMC The Pun-isher Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I went to work, now I'm at an August Burns Red concert. Plan on being deaf by midnight.

8. ac700wildcat

ac700wildcat

May 24, 2011
    Didn't fish today and didn't take Misti out to dinner. She wanted me to grill for her birthday, so I happily obliged. No movie tonight either.....apparently the theater here quit having 9pm shows. Gonna rent something on demand instead.

9. tanglediver

tanglediver Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 2, 2013
    Groundhog day; KILLED alarm, rolled over. I'm on a one-minute-late roll this week. :rolleyes:
    Finally got outside to get back to my work, after work. Grinding, sanding, pounding, drilling, feed the adopted, stray cats, clean-up and crash. Can't wait for that alarm....

10. TBL

TBL

Dec 26, 2013
    Still slacking. Was up in the night with my youngest. But I do have some fun plans for this afternoon!!!!

Going up to my brothers place to remove some beaver dams. There may or may not be some things that go 'boom' involved :D

11. Psyop

Psyop

Oct 17, 2011
    The F250 now has new tires and the A.C. is working again. I'm out $1500 and it has rusty fenders but it beats making payments!

12. exracr

exracr

Feb 7, 2016

So that's where all the local Tanerite has gone to/for?!

13. Noswad0208

Noswad0208

Sep 8, 2014
    Batman vs Superman gets two thumbs up from me. :thumbup: :thumbup:

14. TBL

TBL

Dec 26, 2013

Truth. Payments suck.

I have no idea what you're talking about :D :rolleyes: You can still order lots online ;)

I have been watching a few of these tho...

[video=youtube;LmarwYeUSXo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmarwYeUSXo[/video]

15. worldwood

worldwood

Sep 30, 2012
    My quote button... It's broke...

I heard that Psyop! Payments suck. My wife has a 2013 impala that's paid off... I'm not really a fan of the car... So i talk shit about it... But when i get that monthly $500 truck bill in the mail ... Then she talks shit and wins the war lol

Tannerite? Never heard of the stuff. :D

16. TBL

TBL

Dec 26, 2013
    What happens in the sticks, stays in the sticks. :D

17. worldwood

worldwood

Sep 30, 2012
    Haha! Local law of the land right there! :)

AC... I did a little fishing yesterday evening. Caught 4 smaller than the hook i was using and then one decent red belly... But Sand gnats... My goodness they were at war with me... I have good results with some bug spray i think its called Ben's... Works wonders on mosquitos... But them gnats are viscous and just keep biting even after i bathed in bug spray.

I didn't make it an hour... I RAN back to the truck and headed straight to the Amvets for a beer.

Amvets is 2.4 miles from my house... 1.5 miles of that is dirt road driving... A frosty mug of beer and a shot of whiskey is $5... Perfect stop after fishing !!

18. ac700wildcat

ac700wildcat

May 24, 2011
    Well you suck! Lol. I might try getting out later today, but its snowing right now, so I don't think it will happen. It's supposed to be 50 on Sunday, so I'll make it out then for sure.

I bought some Repel Lemon Eucalyptus repellent last summer that's works amazing for mosquitoes. No deet in it, but it still kinda smells. After applying it, the mosquitoes wont even get close to you.

Beer sounds good. I might have to have a few tonight.

19. bigghoss

bigghoss

Jul 27, 2011
    I remember one time I went out to a friends house, he lived on a farm out in the sticks and a beaver had dammed up the creek that the farmers used for irrigation. We didn't see the beaver but I had my Mosin Nagant so I popped a few round off into the dam which actually did a decent bit of damage to the dam but more impressively it set off our other friend's car alarm who was parked 50 or 60 yards away.

I'll never finance anything again except maybe a house.

I tried to talk you out of that thing and into a cheap beater.

A guy at work was talking about buying a late-model Ford F150 to haul a camper, I told him I could find him a suitable truck for what he would have spent on a down payment. Within 10 minuets I find a very nice '86 F250 super cab that looked like it had been garage it's whole life. I don't know if he bought the truck but I had him sold on the single payment plan.

20. TBL

TBL

Dec 26, 2013
    We might be playing with a .338 Lapua Magnum today :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.