1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 24 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Benchmade 535 Bugout, along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Something to bug Uncle about when he gets back

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Sylvrfalcn, Jun 20, 2003.

1. Roger Smith

Roger Smith

Oct 22, 2001
  2. Daniel Koster

Daniel Koster www.kosterknives.com Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 18, 2001
    nutcases...all y'all...

:eek:

3. donutsrule

donutsrule

Feb 14, 2003
    Ya know, I hear Heber's pretty good with a dutch oven. Perhaps a duck stew or duck chili would be appropriate?

4. Sylvrfalcn

Sylvrfalcn

Jun 4, 2002
    Heaven forbid Donut, you don't wanna get Quackipuss around all them little college honeys Heber hangs out with, he's one "Saint" that bears considerable watching.

Sarge

5. jim_l_clifton

jim_l_clifton

Mar 31, 2000
    Pen,
    Alas,I must agree "THEY"are TRULY NUTCASES!SARGE,got caught in the backblast of an A-10! Kismet is a wannabe cook that shortorders at a truck stop!:barf:What can you say about Rog ,who uses a "toilet"as his logo!I think "NUTCASES is a true tag for these poor souls!!Sarge ,better count yer Bowies,I think one has been "misplaced"!!BWAAAAA!
    THE SAINT!

6. Roger Smith

Roger Smith

Oct 22, 2001
    Someone has to have tried cat-duck tacos at sometime haven't they?

7. Sylvrfalcn

Sylvrfalcn

Jun 4, 2002
    Folks, back in a more serious vein, I just re-crunched the numbers on the 12" AK Villagers and current order requests start at 29 and go as potentially high as 39. Maybe Uncle, Yvsa, or Rusty can remember a special production run that had a more enthusiastic response from dedicated knife lovers, but I'd sure be curious as to what it was. I personally have never seen anything like this.

Sarge

8. donutsrule

donutsrule

Feb 14, 2003
    That's great! I'm ready to prepay, if that will help things out.

9. jim_l_clifton

jim_l_clifton

Mar 31, 2000
    SARGE,
    I THINK THE COUNT WAS 29!
    Jim(THE SAINT)

10. Sylvrfalcn

Sylvrfalcn

Jun 4, 2002
    The count;

Sarge= 1 (2?)
    Donutsrule= 1
    Pen= ?
    Ripper= 1
    btice= 1 (2?)
    Ics37= 1
    Pragitam= 2
    etp777= 1
    Bruise Leee= 1
    mamaV/hoghead= 2
    t1mpani= 1
    clearblue= 1
    SamuraiDave= 1
    Mad Mike= 1
    Snuffy= 1 (2?)
    eastfork= ?
    BobbyB= ?
    FOG= 2
    youngwood= 1
    stripey357= 1
    Aardvark= 1
    Cliff355= 1
    spetsdod= 1
    Spectre= ?
    raghorn= 1
    Brendan= 1
    Zal= ?
    JUSTRIGHT= 1
    Old Salt= 1 (2?)
    Federico= 1
    Pappy= 1

Looks like 29 for sure, and possibly as high as 39 or higher.

Question marks represent those that basically said they liked the idea, but didn't specifically indicate they wanted one or how many.

Sarge

p.s.: I wouldn't be surprised if the SAINT hasn't already e-mailed Uncle Bill to put in an order for one. Worse yet, he's probably got Terry Sisco out looking for pink naugahyde. That'll go over big in Miami Jim.:rolleyes:

11. Skeletor

Skeletor

Aug 31, 2002
    I've read through the entire thread and didn't see a definite price anywhere. I saw $40-60 but nothing specific.

12. Sylvrfalcn

Sylvrfalcn

Jun 4, 2002
    Uncle Bill will decide a price when he's ready. Whatever price he picks will be a bargain considering the product.;)

Sarge

13. Bill Martino

Bill Martino

Mar 5, 1999
    I can sell it for $40 + shipping or an even $50 delivered. Which doyou prefer?

14. donutsrule

donutsrule

Feb 14, 2003
    :eek: Great price either way!

15. etp777

etp777

Aug 12, 2002
    Either one works for me too. think the first one would probably be cheaper for me, but if we're voting, might vote for $50 if that'd make it cheaper all around for people who live farther away

16. raghorn

raghorn

Feb 23, 2002
    I'll give you $300 if you throw in a mandolin. ;)

17. Spectre

Spectre

Nov 3, 1998
    Just 1, for now.

If Unk really sells 30 at one fell swoop, I'm fairly certain this will become a regularly stocked item.

John

18. Sylvrfalcn

Sylvrfalcn

Jun 4, 2002
    Fifty bucks including shipping is perfect for me Uncle Bill. I'll send a check for two of 'em along with the check for that Bilton blem first thing tomorrow morning (I'll be at the post office anyway mailing a special package to Kismet). Here's the deal though, if not enough come in the first batch for everyone to get one, please just send me one and I'll wait for the other one whenever another batch is made. Thanks Uncle.

Sarge

19. Skeletor

Skeletor

Aug 31, 2002
    I think I'll wait for another batch, I'm also getting a feeling that this might become a popular item as though it hasn't already. I just bought a tomahawk so I'll wait for the wallet to get thicker again.

20. Bobby B

Bobby B No more Mr. Knife-guy

May 18, 2001
    BTW I am in for 1 - make mine a little thinner than the standard 1/2"...:D :rolleyes: ;)

oh yes, just let me know when to pay - pre or otherwise!;)