1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

styles of khukuri and knife you would like to see more of

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Gehazi, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Gehazi

Gehazi

Jun 30, 2013
    just saw something I wanted but never see in the lists--- lets get a round of HI bolos!

2. ndoghouse

ndoghouse Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Grats conan! Let us know how she chops:thumbup:

3. Scara

Scara

Jun 21, 2014
    The kami are still working on knives for the store, so no work on the Scara Suga yet.

4. conan11

conan11

Jul 28, 2014
    Thank you ndoghouse. Just got back from the woods and She chops super fantastic! Only 15" but 29 ounces so she packs a punch. I have a new favorite

5. FAL FORGE

FAL FORGE

May 19, 2013
    Well Gehazi, you have great taste in Big knives. :) GO Bahadur!! Going to pound one out for myself if none are made.

6. Gehazi

Gehazi

Jun 30, 2013
    phil has a great bahadur I think fal, he should post it !!

HI makes great small knives and big knives, I just like them all, especially the "strange" stuff like bolos, swords etc really love everything they do but especially the rare runs!

7. philllll

philllll Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2013
    [​IMG]

:thumbup:

8. Gehazi

Gehazi

Jun 30, 2013
    nods slowly in approval*

9. moparsbob

moparsbob Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2014
    After seeing that "largest specimens of HI models" thread, I'd like to see HI make some Janawar Katne. Apparently in the past there were five made by HI. Of course, a 40" ganga ram special would be nice, too.

10. Seriousbladeno1

Seriousbladeno1

Sep 11, 2014
    I agree with more :

1.) - Historical & Museum khukuries reproduction

2.) - Bowie knifes - I am sure,there are lot of bowie knifes on the market these days (not talking HI bowies in following words)- sadly and most of them,often overpriced,great looking but with very poor quality and not very long lasting construction....even very expensive models often break,snap etc.Therefore i believe enhancing this category with rich selection of very solid,massive choppers also with typical western style bowie models in this category would surely be very much in high demand from general public.

11. davidf99

davidf99 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Sher makes an amazing bolo knife. This is one of the strongest blades I have ever held. The spine is a full 1/2" and that thickness goes almost all the way from bolster to tip. It's 20" OAL and 35 oz. It's hard to believe that a blade that long and thick can come in at 35 oz, but there are two long deep fullers running almost the full length, so that must be the reason. The handle and butt cap are also something special. I don't think there's anything that this bolo knife couldn't chop down.

View attachment 498171 View attachment 498172

View attachment 498173 View attachment 498174

12. Gehazi

Gehazi

Jun 30, 2013
    you must have posted that to offer it for sale to this guy :D stunning and unique blade, can't wait to order one for myself!

13. DarthTaco123

DarthTaco123

Mar 28, 2013
    This really isn't a remake, but I'd love to see some Laraw knives. Well, swords at some lengths. The bottom one here is gorgeous.
    [​IMG]

14. Shavru

Shavru

Feb 20, 2014
    Interesting Darth, Are those related somehow to Daos? They seem to have some similarity but a lot of differences too. Never heard of them before and would love more details.

15. DarthTaco123

DarthTaco123

Mar 28, 2013
    I don't know a lot about them, they were used in the Philippines and I'm Taiwan (as seen in Warriors of the Rainbow), and in a few other cultures with varying degrees of curve. They're dual purpose machetes/weapons.

16. philllll

philllll Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2013
    I would like to see more of these. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. cul4u01

cul4u01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 5, 2012
    :thumbup:, ABSOLUTELY!

18. Gehazi

Gehazi

Jun 30, 2013