Survive! knives

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by hank_612, Feb 22, 2014.

1. McVeyMac

McVeyMac

Feb 19, 2013
    That is not too bad at all for edge retention given that you had Florida sand on everything that you were driving it through. Thanks for the pictures and the stories.

2. FTR-14c

FTR-14c

Jul 24, 2011
    There is no escaping the sand, its knee deep in places. The trick is keeping it out of your sheath.

3. McVeyMac

McVeyMac

Feb 19, 2013
    I spent several years living and working in S FL. I know what you mean.

4. jkelley

jkelley

Feb 26, 2012
    Just got my first survive! Knife Saturday. Probably not the last. Others dec. 24th as a Christmas present to myself. Had the ferro notch added. Very clean knife. No machining issues. Very sharp out of the box but will probably polish the edge just like that look.

5. dopenerd

dopenerd

May 8, 2013
    Survive knives are great.pay no mind to the haters. they pre-order a knife and then expect it to be ready right away. good things come to those who wait

6. willythekid

willythekid Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 19, 2011
    You seem like a patient guy... maybe take a bit more time with your posts and you won't have quite as many grammatical errors.

Survive! new website is up. Nothing much on it other than a tease of a new "budget line" using S7 steel. On Facebook guy stated that GSO 3.5 handles won't be made until after more GSO 4's are done. Wonder why he started on more GSO 4's before getting the 3.5's done? I suppose he can sell more of those knives... I mean, he already has all the money for the 3.5's.

7. ceptor781

ceptor781 Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 4, 2012
    To both above posters. This thread is about the knives. If you have comments or back handed jabs at the company or their practices please start your own thread in the appropriate forum. The goal is to keep this thread open to discuss the knives, thanks.

8. willythekid

Oct 19, 2011
    Well, I was discussing Survive! knives... I gave an update on their website, a new line of blades, and on their handles. I didn't come on just to call names and put words in certain posters mouth like our little Canadian friend before me. I believe asking why they chose to make a handles for a certain model over another was a perfectly reasonable question for a general knife discussion thread.

9. FTR-14c

FTR-14c

Jul 24, 2011
    Why is orange?

10. willythekid

Oct 19, 2011
    That is deep man....:D

11. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    willythekid,

Read the OP. If you cannot handle instructions, it is best for you to refrain from posting here.
    If you continue to troll this thread, you will be infracted.

12. willythekid

Oct 19, 2011
    I don't want that... When I read the op, which I did several times BTW, I made sure I didn't discuss purchasing, delivery or communication. I was discussing Survive! knives... I disagree on the trolling part but I will abide by your rules. Like Bogs said in Shawshank, "It's your world, boss."

13. hank_612

hank_612

Jan 13, 2010
    It will be interesting to see some pics of the new s7 products but I am not really excited by them. I was expecting a folder or machete be next.

I am hoping to pick up some of those belt loop dealies when they get the site really running.

14. ceptor781

ceptor781 Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Always cool to see something new. Hope the intro of S7 in the line brings an axe or hawk to the lineup. Would like to see these in 3V too but I'm sure the S7 would be much more affordable.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  15. hank_612

hank_612

Jan 13, 2010
    I would love to see a hawk/hammer combo. 16-18 inches long. That would be cool but probably to pricey in 3v so s7 might be doable.

16. hank_612

hank_612

Jan 13, 2010
    I went to the website still no pics of the new stuff or products up yet.

17. knife chop

knife chop

Feb 11, 2014
    This person is annoying and shows little respect and understanding. (even with the moderator warning, the reply was arrogant and tries to be a smart ass) smh

18. knife chop

knife chop

Feb 11, 2014
    Speaking of 3v, I found a steel that has pretty much the same composition. It's called LSS PGK steel. I wonder why some knife makers doesn't used that steel.

19. willythekid

Oct 19, 2011
    Keep the discussion on the knives please...

20. JGON

JGON

Mar 12, 2010
    Just bought this bad mamajama on ebay! Complete impulse buy. I was looking at a Fehrman or even a Busse. I typically carry a small 3-4" fixed blade and an axe in the field. The last time I had a big chopper was when I had my Junglas. I loved the knife, but from a practical standpoint I can just flat out get more work done with the small knife/axe combo. But this isn't about work. This is about having a big knife. And what's not fun about that?

JGON

[​IMG]